Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Paula Patton Talks Struggles of an Interracial Relationship

I LOVE WALE, LUPE & CUDI Paula Patton Talks Struggles of an Interracial Relationship Orchid's Avatar
    Liked
    24 times

Default Paula Patton Talks Struggles of an Interracial Relationship

The very preggers and very fabulous Paula Patton spoke to media this week about her previous hardships of being in an interracial relationship. Despite her half white background, she still had difficulty during her teen years when she first started dating her now husband Robin Thicke.

Her take on her experiences under the cut….

Paula says about previously hiding her interracial relationship:

“When I was in high school I found myself totally enamoured [with] this guy,” the 34-year-old Precious actress — who is half white herself — says. “But I didn’t want all my high school friends to know that I’d fallen for a white boy. I didn’t want to be judged by that. So I hid him. I did.”

She also spoke about skipping out on her high school prom because she was afraid of taking him:

“That’s the sad part. I missed it because I was afraid. I didn’t choose him because of his colour,” she says. “I chose him because of his heart and his soul and he makes me laugh. He’s one of the most special human beings I know.”

Paula Patton is now 34 years-old so she has clearly worked past these fears, which were almost twenty years ago. Robin Thicke has openly talked about experiencing prejudice in an interracial relationship

SOURCE
    Lead Yourself ~Wasalu Jaco~
    JOIN HIPHOPSTAN.COM

Dice City Kid Paula Patton Talks Struggles of an Interracial Relationship ishuz702's Avatar
    Liked
    1571 times

i get major hate from the sisters when im with my girl.....and she's from africa....she is mad light skinned though

...... Paula Patton Talks Struggles of an Interracial Relationship Fabulous's Avatar
    Liked
    8 times

Quote Originally Posted by ishuz702 View Post
    i get major hate from the sisters when im with my girl.....and she's from africa....she is mad light skinned though
    I feel you trust me!!!!
    "One hand full of ****... does not equal a fist full of dollars!" -50 Cent

Catch Up Newbies Paula Patton Talks Struggles of an Interracial Relationship MsShawty's Avatar
    Liked
    15 times

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
    I feel you trust me!!!!
    same here

I LOVE WALE, LUPE & CUDI Paula Patton Talks Struggles of an Interracial Relationship Orchid's Avatar
    Liked
    24 times

never been in an interracial relationship before but from stories i heard its very difficult for the many close minded people around
    Lead Yourself ~Wasalu Jaco~
    JOIN HIPHOPSTAN.COM

Dice City Kid Paula Patton Talks Struggles of an Interracial Relationship ishuz702's Avatar
    Liked
    1571 times

i don't care who hates...my chic is drop dead gorgeous and we turn heads wherever we go....i love that girl