Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ladies, does the maid of honor have to give a speech?

Catch Up Newbies Ladies, does the maid of honor have to give a speech? MsShawty's Avatar
    Liked
    15 times

Question Ladies, does the maid of honor have to give a speech?

Ladies, i am the maid of honor in my girl's wedding. ppl been asking me if i have a speech ready? it is most definately NOT ready, i get real nervous if i have to speak in front of a bunch of ppl, in class i would have my friend ask questions for me (yeah i know it's crazy). i asked some of my friends and some say that i have to give a speech and some say i don't, but i think the bride expects me to. i don't wanna upset her (it is HER special day) but i don't wanna make a fool of myself in front of 100+ ppl. what do u think i should do?

OhEmGee Ladies, does the maid of honor have to give a speech? Fresh2defsheis's Avatar
    We're Not Losers...We Are L.A.S.E.R.S.!!!
    Liked
    2 times

Default Re: Ladies, does the maid of honor have to give a speech?

i dont' know but i guess it tradition that they do speak cuz i think the best man has to give a speech as well, maybe you should ask someone who is married and see if that helps...

Ponder The Question NOT The Answer!

...... Ladies, does the maid of honor have to give a speech? Fabulous's Avatar
    Liked
    8 times

you have to look at the crowd and imagine them as being roaches. Look at a person for 3 seconds then move to another etc. This is the bs they taught me in public speaking, it works.

Catch Up Newbies Ladies, does the maid of honor have to give a speech? Dr. J's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

You're pretty much expected to. Try to write something ahead of time. This way you don't have to think of anything on the spot. Impromptu speaking is difficult in front of a crowd.
    I'm just telling the truth.

http://whydopeopledodumbstuff.blogspot.com/

I LOVE WALE, LUPE & CUDI Ladies, does the maid of honor have to give a speech? Orchid's Avatar
    Liked
    24 times

Your the maid of honor and you would have to make a speech. For me it's better to kind of break the ice by maybe telling a joke so that way there not staring at you expecting you to make a mistake. You can try staring at the back at a wall and then on occasion look at different places on the wall that way it doesn't seem as if your looking into space. You can try it, good luck.

New Arrival
    Liked
    0 times

To answer your question yes the maid of honor has to give a speech and the best advice i can give you is to just speak from the heart but prepare ahead of time. When you can express whats on your heart the words should be able to flow naturally. It would be over before you realized it. Hope this helps :happy002:

Catch Up Newbies Ladies, does the maid of honor have to give a speech? MsShawty's Avatar
    Liked
    15 times

thanks ladies, maybe i'll just medicate myself , Dr J, r u really a doctor? what u got for me, i'll try the roaches trick, i know the rest of the bridesmaids r gonna be waiting for me to mess up, we r not friendly well i guess that's what i gotta do

Catch Up Newbies Ladies, does the maid of honor have to give a speech? Dr. J's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by MsShawty View Post
    thanks ladies, maybe i'll just medicate myself , Dr J, r u really a doctor? what u got for me, i'll try the roaches trick, i know the rest of the bridesmaids r gonna be waiting for me to mess up, we r not friendly well i guess that's what i gotta do

Naw, I'm just a tooth mechanic. If you can get some valium you'll be in good shape. lol.
    I'm just telling the truth.

http://whydopeopledodumbstuff.blogspot.com/

Catch Up Newbies Ladies, does the maid of honor have to give a speech? TheBoss's Avatar
    Liked
    5 times

Add into your speech " for future-wed-lockers make sure you get PRE-NUP!!!!"

WE WANT PRE-Nup, WE WANT PRE-NUP!!!!!!!!!!
    Leave tough guys tied to a brick in the ocean..........

Liked
    15 times

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    Add into your speech " for future-wed-lockers make sure you get PRE-NUP!!!!"

WE WANT PRE-Nup, WE WANT PRE-NUP!!!!!!!!!!
    for sure, i don't think my girl is gettin it but i think it's a good idea