Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nicki Minaj Pink Friday (Artwork)

And..How may I help you? TaliciousVille's Avatar
    Liked
    41 times

Default well no

Actually in the business-sense of what is existing with artist image...image is used to as a gain of a larger audience, as matter of fact, the entire black-white, sell out artist has always existed in the music business (for years)..what i'm simply indicating is that her image is being managed..it's being provoked for some profitable results....if you relax on your judgement of others, you can clearly see, that I'm speaking objectively from the normal existence of artist, as whitney houston's image was completely opposite from who she really wanted to be...theres no incorrect or correct view of this, what she say or what she does could still be proving as just an act, like the different voices that she does, your opinion is relevant to some but not I...i'm still not convinced..

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd View Post
    Again, you're incorrect. If I'm not mistaken...Niki is a self-proclaimed "Barbie."
    She calls herself that. Not white folks. She self-promotes being a "barbie".

So the reason why they (the art design team) whitened her skin for her album cover was not to appease whites...it was to appease Niki because when people think of a barbie doll, they don't think of a black woman...they think of a "plastic thin beautiful white woman with blonde hair."

how can there ever be a true "black barbie with curves" if all the curvy black barbies are trying to look white?

Niki was wearing blonde wigs (like she's a natural blonde) before she went mainstream (dumb b!tch). Black women are so fvcked up in the head. If they don't wear blonde wigs...they dye their hair blonde...or they wear blonde weaves.

and they get their boobs done, thin out their noses and some wear blue eye contacts.

- just saw a photo of Eryka Badu somewhere in the forum sporting a blonde wig. smh.

Liked
    41 times

Largest consumers of rap music is about the cultural influence...still Nicki is new to the mainstream, she must prove her appeal...Caucasians are not the largest consumers of R&B music..we all know why they are not
    your logic is in-correct and inconceivable because surely that is the easiet answer.

white people are the LARGEST consumers of rap music which is black music and consist of the image of blacks...so for a black person to try to look "white" to appeal to a white audience who already accepts "black music" and their "black image" is unneccessary on part of the sell-out negroe.

Has Lil Wayne (Niki Minaj's boss) ever lightened his skin on his album covers to look like a Ken Doll? No!

Liked
    69 times

Again, you're incorrect. If I'm not mistaken...Niki is a self-proclaimed "Barbie."
    She calls herself that. Not white folks. She self-promotes being a "barbie".

So the reason why they (the art design team) whitened her skin for her album cover was not to appease whites...it was to appease Niki because when people think of a barbie doll, they don't think of a black woman...they think of a "plastic thin beautiful white woman with blonde hair."

how can there ever be a true "black barbie with curves" if all the curvy black barbies are trying to look white?

Niki was wearing blonde wigs (like she's a natural blonde) before she went mainstream (dumb b!tch). Black women are so fvcked up in the head. If they don't wear blonde wigs...they dye their hair blonde...or they wear blonde weaves.

and they get their boobs done, thin out their noses and some wear blue eye contacts.

- just saw a photo of Eryka Badu somewhere in the forum sporting a blonde wig. smh.
    Comes down to compromising one's standards in order to sell records. I think what everyone is saying is that 'if ya black why not find something in ya blackness to market yaself?' everyone has done it....

Liked
    41 times

Default oh course

Quote Originally Posted by exondus View Post
    Comes down to compromising one's standards in order to sell records. I think what everyone is saying is that 'if ya black why not find something in ya blackness to market yaself?' everyone has done it....
    And...for the most part, it has always been about compromising...Barbie is not in consideration of her blackness...this is about her trying to get in more with the white audience...if she doesn't, maybe she won't sell as many records as she want. She probably thought about the white consumers with the Barbie thing...I just saying.

Catch Up Newbies
    Liked
    170 times

Quote Originally Posted by TaliciousVille View Post
    Largest consumers of rap music is about the cultural influence...still Nicki is new to the mainstream, she must prove her appeal...Caucasians are not the largest consumers of R&B music..we all know why they are not
    dude, you sound dumb. As a black woman, Niki doesn't have to market herself as "white" to appeal to white consumers to buy her "rap music" cause there aren't any white female rappers.

98% of female rappers are black!

btw, typing in big red words so everyone can read what you wrote dont' make you smart. it makes you an attention whore.

Product of Determination Opportunist's Avatar
    Liked
    5400 times

you both have good points.

Of course Nicki and her management is "aware" of her image.

Of course Nicki is playing into the Barbie image on her album cover.

Of course Nicki wants a more diverse audience which is why she got with Will.i.Am.

all this stuff is basic knowledge... of course only to the people who aren't easily manipulated.

no need for name calling people... smh.

Liked
    41 times

dude, you sound dumb. As a black woman, Niki doesn't have to market herself as "white" to appeal to white consumers to buy her "rap music" cause there aren't any white female rappers.

98% of female rappers are black!

btw, typing in big red words so everyone can read what you wrote dont' make you smart. it makes you an attention whore.
    Well..I'm still not convinced!!!

Liked
    34 times

my thoughts are...

Liked
    41 times

Quote Originally Posted by Opportunist View Post
    you both have good points.

Of course Nicki and her management is "aware" of her image.

Of course Nicki is playing into the Barbie image on her album cover.

Of course Nicki wants a more diverse audience which is why she got with Will.i.Am.

all this stuff is basic knowledge... of course only to the people who aren't easily manipulated.

If you want to influence others opinions in an open forum, you can't call names, deliver up insults, attempts to intimidate others to do so...you would easily fall on deaf ears...where the entire convo is thrown out...Enough Said!

Catch Up Newbies
    Liked
    170 times

Quote Originally Posted by Opportunist View Post
    You are obviously referring to me. First of all, Christ constantly identify and called people EXACTLy who they are and he didn't refrain from it to be non-offensive or politically incorrect. He called whoremongers, whoremongers. Hypocrites, hypocrites. And the Bible instructs us to be Christlike.

So if someone is an attention whore, I'm going to them who they are. and that's not name calling. that's calling someone by their rightful name. Secondly, I'm not running for office so I'm not here to win a popularity contest. I don't give a sh!t if you agree with me or not. It doesn't change the truth or the facts of what I said...although it could effect the way you recieve them and me.
    Last edited by lloyd; 10-17-2010 at 10:11 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast