Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ghettopoly........I HHAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS AND WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD BE REAL

Catch Up Newbies Ghettopoly........I HHAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS AND WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD BE REAL
    Liked
    4930 times

Default Ghettopoly........I HHAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS AND WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD BE REAL

^^ everyone has seen this picture around the internet before

BUT HOW ABOUT THIS, AND ITS REAL

Home of USA G-Rap & G-Funk: Ghettopoly
    ^^ CLICK

The classic gentlemans game becomes the new Stolen Property Fencing Game. “Da Object… to become the richest playa through steeling, cheating, and fencing stolen properties.”
    The character peices are always my favorite part of the game. This set includes Pimp, Hoe, Crack Cocaine, Machine Gun, 40oz Malt Liquor, Basketball, and a Marijuana Leaf.
    Honestly isn’t anything new about the game. It’s still traditional with the twist of racial and socioeconomic insensitivity.
    The following are a few cards called “hustle” and “ghetto stash” cards which are equivalent to chance and treasure chest in the classic version.

Black leaders are outraged over a new board game called "Ghettopoly" that has "playas" acting like pimps and game cards reading, "You got yo whole neighborhood addicted to crack. Collect $50."

Black clergymen say the game, the brainchild of a Pennsylvania man, should be banned, and have called for a boycott of Urban Outfitters unless the company stops selling Ghettopoly in its chain of clothing stores.

Urban Outfitters has not publicly commented on the issue, and did not return a call seeking comment on Wednesday.

"If we are silent on this issue there is more of this type to come," the Rev. Robert P. Shine Sr., president of the Black Clergy of Philadelphia & Vicinity, said at a sidewalk rally Wednesday in front Urban Outfitters' corporate headquarters in Philadelphia.

Shine displayed the game board, with properties including Westside Liquor, Harlem, The Bronx, and Long Beach City, and squares labeled Smitty's XXX Peep Show, Weinstein's Gold and Platinum, and Tyron's Gun Shop.

Players draw "Hustle" and "Ghetto Stash" cards with directions like, "You're a little short on loot, so you decided to stick up a bank. Collect $75," and "Steal $$$ if you pass Let$ Roll."

The creator of Ghettopoly, David Chang, did not immediately answer e-mails or phone calls seeking comment about the game.

On his Web site, Chang is unapologetic, and promises that more games — Hoodopoly, Hiphopopoly, Thugopoly and Redneckopoly — are coming soon.

"It draws on stereotypes not as a means to degrade, but as a medium to bring together in laughter," Chang maintains, adding, "If we can't laugh at ourselves ... we'll continue to live in blame and bitterness."

But the Ghettopoly board depicts figures labeled "Malcum X" and "Martin Luthor King Jr." — intentionally misspelled — noted Rev. Glenn Wilson, pastor of Enon Tabernacle Baptist Church.

"This is beyond making fun, to use the caricature of Dr. King in this regard," Wilson said. "There's no way that game could be taken in any way other than that this man had racist intent in marketing it."

The Philadelphia black clergy and Men United for a Better Philadelphia were just the latest to protest the game. In Chicago, the Rev. Michael Pfleger, pastor of St. Sabina Catholic Church, called for a boycott of Urban Outfitters. In Florida, the St. Petersburg and Hillsborough County chapters of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People urged the company to stop carrying the game.

"I was outraged. We called Outfitters, we wrote them a letter, we held a press conference, but we've had no response," Pfleger said Wednesday.
    USATODAY.com - Black leaders outraged at 'Ghettopoly' game at Urban Outfitters
    ^^ CLICK

Catch Up Newbies Ghettopoly........I HHAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS AND WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD BE REAL Fleece Johnson's Avatar
    Liked
    569 times

Catch Up Newbies Ghettopoly........I HHAVE NEVER HEARD OF THIS AND WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT IT WOULD BE REAL
    Liked
    820 times

a dam shame...............only $150 after your ho had a "very good" night...........and $75 from a bank stick-up!?!?!?!.............

Liked
    4930 times

Quote Originally Posted by dawitwy View Post
    a dam shame...............only $150 after your ho had a "very good" night...........and $75 from a bank stick-up!?!?!?!.............
    Well she must be a cheap ho and every guy from the bank was going to her

Liked
    320 times

Quote Originally Posted by blafy View Post
    Well she must be a cheap ho and every guy from the bank was going to her

Jenna Shea only charges 200 what that makes her