Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Lupe Fiasco - Around My Way [Freedom Ain't Free]

Catch Up Newbies Lupe Fiasco - Around My Way [Freedom Ain't Free]
    4930 times

Default Lupe Fiasco - Around My Way [Freedom Ain't Free]

I wish he went back to having a haircut, but other than that LUPE'S MUSIC IS ALWAYS F*CKIN FIRE

Dice City Kid Lupe Fiasco - Around My Way [Freedom Ain't Free] ishuz702's Avatar
    Las Vegas, NV..."Dice City"
    1571 times

Ethics of planned obsolescence

As planned obsolescence is a short term maximization of profits for the producer at the expense of the consumer, and that it leads to overproduction of goods (and a coincident over-extraction of material resources) at the expense of the planet, the general ethics of planned obsolescence and its impact on humanity is negative.

The excess-waste generated from planned obsolescence has an obvious impact on human life in multiple ways.
    A decline in environmental systems due to greater pollution caused by greater resource extraction.
    A decline in environmental systems due to greater waste generation.
    A decline in long-term per-capita production which translates to lower long-term standards of living.
    An increase in living costs as products must be bought multiple times.
    A general cultural cost from a greater percentage of time being spent in non-culturally fulfilling activities.

Planned obsolescence is an artifact of the current global economic system which has goals that are opposed to long-term environmental health, human cultural expression, and stable wealth creation and retention.
    salute to lupe for touching on this....i still remember my flag pole protest back in my rebel days....i kept that monster in the bag for the paper chase....homie is courageous