Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: REVIEW: The Food At SONS OF ESSEX ( @SonsOfEssex ) was TERRIBLE!!! WTF @myfabolouslife SMDH!!!

Product of Determination REVIEW: The Food At SONS OF ESSEX ( @SonsOfEssex ) was TERRIBLE!!! WTF @myfabolouslife SMDH!!! Opportunist's Avatar
    Liked
    5400 times

Thumbs down REVIEW: The Food At SONS OF ESSEX ( @SonsOfEssex ) was TERRIBLE!!! WTF @myfabolouslife SMDH!!!

Okay so naive Opp, looking to try different restaurants in New York City, took @myfabolouslife advice and headed over with my lady to 133 Essex St. in New York City's Lower East Side last night.

I can't believe Fabolous placed his stamp of approval on SONS OF ESSEX restaurant!! The food at this Lower East Side restaurant was COMPLETELY HORRIBLE !! Luckily, i have this platform -- i know ya'll gonna spread the word to other unsuspecting guest. DON'T GO....!

The food did not meet my expectations. Don't let the video below gas ya. It was a complete disaster. I'm starting believe maybe Fab was paid to put his co-sign on this place.

now i know Fabolous' has extremely good taste at picking things, especially a restaurant (I seen ya name on the locker at S PRIME ... great restaurant, great food) ... but he fumbled the ball on this one.

The Essex Burger was one of the WORST BURGERS i've ever tasted. Seriously, after a few bites into the "Essex Burger" I had to tap the waitress, who didn't bother to check on us all evening after the food arrived, and ask, "Is this beef.....? " Literally chunks of the "burger" fell out of the bun, when i held it up to take the first bite.

The fries, which came with my Essex "Burger" were cold and hard -- not fresh. Fab gas'd up the fries, talkin bout, "it taste more than your average french fries."

"Best fries in NEW YORK CITY" huh? ...

The owner Matt Levine claimed in the video, Sons of Essex got best mac 'n' cheese. I tried the truffle Mac 'n' cheese. It was pretty average. For the "best" mac 'n' cheese head over to Melba's Restaurant at 300 West 114th Street, New York, NY.

Also, the atmosphere was extremely loud -- I could barely hear my lady speaking to me from across the table.

I'm not one to EVER EVER EVER complain at a restaurant, but i did to a manager on duty. He didn't seem to give two craps.... go figure.

Pics of the SLOP we were served below...

The ESSEX BURGER, after i got through picking certain edible parts of it ... this suppose to be "well-done" as well.

really? smh

IMG_1959

My ladies' EXTREMELY OILY Reuben Dip... corned beef the rye tasted stale.
    IMG_1961

IMG_1960

A lil message left by the lady.

IMG_1955

Pros: "PUMPKIN BISQUE" creamy roasted pumpkin bisque served inside mini roasted pumpkin was tasty.

oh... it was hard to find parking. Paid $45 to park in a overpriced garage down the block.
    Look up in the sky and tell me what you see
    The clouds, naw nigga, not me
    I see opportunity, I'm a opportunist
    Nigga, you heard what I said, "I'm a opportunist"

Catch Up Newbies REVIEW: The Food At SONS OF ESSEX ( @SonsOfEssex ) was TERRIBLE!!! WTF @myfabolouslife SMDH!!!
    Liked
    411 times

Niggas still ordering meat well done?????

Catch Up Newbies REVIEW: The Food At SONS OF ESSEX ( @SonsOfEssex ) was TERRIBLE!!! WTF @myfabolouslife SMDH!!!
    Liked
    4930 times

YOU KNOW YOU COULD HAVE JUST GOTTEN A DRIVE THRU MEAL FOR $10

Catch Up Newbies REVIEW: The Food At SONS OF ESSEX ( @SonsOfEssex ) was TERRIBLE!!! WTF @myfabolouslife SMDH!!! mnice89's Avatar
    Liked
    134 times

th...tha...th-th-that burger

it's heinous.
    its always better to be pissed off than pissed on..

Jersey Girl REVIEW: The Food At SONS OF ESSEX ( @SonsOfEssex ) was TERRIBLE!!! WTF @myfabolouslife SMDH!!! yung shellz's Avatar
    Liked
    9 times

looks like some medieval (middle ages) type of restaurant.

Member REVIEW: The Food At SONS OF ESSEX ( @SonsOfEssex ) was TERRIBLE!!! WTF @myfabolouslife SMDH!!!
    Liked
    22 times

wtf that burger looks rotten brah

Shut Up and Drink! REVIEW: The Food At SONS OF ESSEX ( @SonsOfEssex ) was TERRIBLE!!! WTF @myfabolouslife SMDH!!! Top shelf's Avatar
    Liked
    34 times

I think Justin Bieber tried the same burger!

Catch Up Newbies REVIEW: The Food At SONS OF ESSEX ( @SonsOfEssex ) was TERRIBLE!!! WTF @myfabolouslife SMDH!!! ice516tea's Avatar
    Liked
    264 times

Shout outs to the boy Opp for informing the people - I don't mess with L.E.S but I'll hit the critics up and converse with them on the establishment

Catch Up Newbies REVIEW: The Food At SONS OF ESSEX ( @SonsOfEssex ) was TERRIBLE!!! WTF @myfabolouslife SMDH!!! screwhead's Avatar
    Liked
    1031 times

be sure you got plenty of air freshner and tp. looks like it gone be a rough night for you and your lady. food doesnt look to good though but you should get beef medium well for the best taste i prefer steaks,burgers with a lil pink in the middle though

Liked
    4930 times

Quote Originally Posted by screwhead View Post
    be sure you got plenty of air freshner and tp. looks like it gone be a rough night for you and your lady. food doesnt look to good though but you should get beef medium well for the best taste i prefer steaks,burgers with a lil pink in the middle though
    Phuck that I want my beef well done, no pink all brown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast