Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Sometimes I think Stephanie Santiago and Ayisha Diaz are the same person

Catch Up Newbies Sometimes I think Stephanie Santiago and Ayisha Diaz are the same person
    Liked
    820 times

Quote Originally Posted by stormesthunder View Post
    I've lurked around for a bit, seen some of these debates and chuckled... but I feel like this one is unique in a specific way that's interesting to me.

There's a lot of anger floating around here about several reasons... too many beige women on a "black" forum. Anger about too many speeches in threads whose point is only to look at urban sex icons. Anger about too little appreciation for what it means to be black in modern America, and the direction mainstream black culture has taken. I don't claim to be able to solve any of those problems. But I feel it's better to ask the right question than to claim to have the right answer... so here are some questions.

Is your or my perspective one that can be imposed on the rest of the world? On the rest of our race? On the rest of your block? Is it possible that we're generalizing too much? "Never, Always, Everywhere, and Nowhere" sound great in an argument, but there's no number of anecdotes that you can add together to make a fact.

It may just be my own observation, but I haven't experienced males of any other ethnic group that refer to women as "bitch" so much as black men. I think that word is way more confusing and problematic in mainstream black culture than any variation of "******." There's no doubt that it is an insulting word... a degrading word. So I have to ask, is there something about being a black man that produces anger towards women, especially black women? Is it merely a product of internalizing the dialogue of a misogynistic hip hop culture? Or, since anger is a secondary emotion, have many black men been hurt or disappointed by women, whether in their communities or elsewhere?

That brings me to hip hop culture in general, and the women who are "glorified" in it. In my opinion I don't think it's an insult to black women that many hispanic/white women are posted on "black" forums. I think it should be a relief to them. The only "glory" given out here is completely superficial- I don't think it should be a matter of pride or honor or esteem for a black woman to be posted here. Sure it's flattering I guess, but black woman have much more to offer than the shape of their bodies. I doubt there are many who lose sleep over not being posted on HHS or world star or ______.com.

If you must, objectify women of EVERY other race, but I personally have higher hopes for the image of the black woman than being a sex symbol for black men. I mean correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone here is -really- trying to marry a stripper, or the chick dancing in a rap video. This isn't "my perfect wife forum." I think men just like having a place to look at and compare women they find sexy without needing to be socially appropriate.

Should the women black men find attractive be mainly black? I don't know. Probably. But if the goal is to make that happen, what's the point? How does that help gender relations in the black community? Would finding more black women attractive bring black men closer to respecting and appreciating them?
    hellava first post.......welcome........

Catch Up Newbies Sometimes I think Stephanie Santiago and Ayisha Diaz are the same person
    Liked
    4930 times

I've lurked around for a bit, seen some of these debates and chuckled... but I feel like this one is unique in a specific way that's interesting to me.

There's a lot of anger floating around here about several reasons... too many beige women on a "black" forum. Anger about too many speeches in threads whose point is only to look at urban sex icons. Anger about too little appreciation for what it means to be black in modern America, and the direction mainstream black culture has taken. I don't claim to be able to solve any of those problems. But I feel it's better to ask the right question than to claim to have the right answer... so here are some questions.

Is your or my perspective one that can be imposed on the rest of the world? On the rest of our race? On the rest of your block? Is it possible that we're generalizing too much? "Never, Always, Everywhere, and Nowhere" sound great in an argument, but there's no number of anecdotes that you can add together to make a fact.

It may just be my own observation, but I haven't experienced males of any other ethnic group that refer to women as "bitch" so much as black men. I think that word is way more confusing and problematic in mainstream black culture than any variation of "******." There's no doubt that it is an insulting word... a degrading word. So I have to ask, is there something about being a black man that produces anger towards women, especially black women? Is it merely a product of internalizing the dialogue of a misogynistic hip hop culture? Or, since anger is a secondary emotion, have many black men been hurt or disappointed by women, whether in their communities or elsewhere?

That brings me to hip hop culture in general, and the women who are "glorified" in it. In my opinion I don't think it's an insult to black women that many hispanic/white women are posted on "black" forums. I think it should be a relief to them. The only "glory" given out here is completely superficial- I don't think it should be a matter of pride or honor or esteem for a black woman to be posted here. Sure it's flattering I guess, but black woman have much more to offer than the shape of their bodies. I doubt there are many who lose sleep over not being posted on HHS or world star or ______.com.

If you must, objectify women of EVERY other race, but I personally have higher hopes for the image of the black woman than being a sex symbol for black men. I mean correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone here is -really- trying to marry a stripper, or the chick dancing in a rap video. This isn't "my perfect wife forum." I think men just like having a place to look at and compare women they find sexy without needing to be socially appropriate.

Should the women black men find attractive be mainly black? I don't know. Probably. But if the goal is to make that happen, what's the point? How does that help gender relations in the black community? Would finding more black women attractive bring black men closer to respecting and appreciating them?

THERE IS NOT ENOUGH LIKES
    See you have been lurking since?????

But this is why all I do is troll and say dumb stuff. We are lusting after women that their whole potential is their bodies. None of them are something I am trying to get to know in real life. Especially in the status they are in, where, and when I meet them now. I look at this site just view women of all races, shapes, and sizes.

These aint nothing but b00ty celebrities.
    Once I seen Deelishes have a kid then go back into showing her butt, making stripper videos on wshh, back to the club having vine/instagram follow her b00ty (she knows its just her b00ty) as she goes into a car or out the building, I see this as wow I thought she was going to change after the kid.

Time to start backing away
    Good sh1t
    I respect your post

Product of Determination Sometimes I think Stephanie Santiago and Ayisha Diaz are the same person Opportunist's Avatar
    Liked
    5400 times

Urban entertainment isn't limited to only black.

I understand how one could be misled to believe its suppose to be black African American dominated... Even in 2013.

In Hip Hop/ the urban world we support whatever is hot and poppin for the moment.

It's why someone "fat black and ugly" can run the game, to a white boy from Detroit, to a brooklyn drug dealer, to a light skin jewish kid from Toronto to overweight Hispanics

The term Urban/ hip hop is unlike anything else. Its a umbrella. Don't minimize & compare it to white, black, Hispanic name-calling here or there, etc

With these ladies we're not judging, appreciating, and admiring skill. We're judging, appreciating and admiring appearance. props is given where it's due.

Opp out.
    Look up in the sky and tell me what you see
    The clouds, naw nigga, not me
    I see opportunity, I'm a opportunist
    Nigga, you heard what I said, "I'm a opportunist"

Super Moderator Sometimes I think Stephanie Santiago and Ayisha Diaz are the same person
    Sometimes I think Stephanie Santiago and Ayisha Diaz are the same person
    Liked
    1470 times

Quote Originally Posted by Opportunist View Post
    Urban entertainment isn't limited to only black.

I understand how one could be misled to believe its suppose to be black African American dominated... Even in 2013.

In Hip Hop/ the urban world we support whatever is hot and poppin for the moment.

It's why someone "fat black and ugly" can run the game, to a white boy from Detroit, to a brooklyn drug dealer, to a light skin jewish kid from Toronto to overweight Hispanics

The term Urban/ hip hop is unlike anything else. Its a umbrella. Don't minimize & compare it to white, black, Hispanic name-calling here or there, etc

With these ladies we're not judging, appreciating, and admiring skill. We're judging, appreciating and admiring appearance. props is given where it's due.

Opp out.
    you need a cold one after that address

Super Moderator Sometimes I think Stephanie Santiago and Ayisha Diaz are the same person
    Liked
    1470 times

GOAT 1st Post. Welcome to the Stan.

Liked
    1470 times

lmao at this whole thread..TL and that shock value>> most of us just come here to view women,and crack jokes,etc. the roundtable discussions are cool and all but the balance baby..it's what's needed. None of us here are causing harm or hurting anyone by just posting pics lol..

Gandhi said be the change you want to see in the world,right?

Liked
    4930 times

I swear if TL and LLoyd do not respond back to OPP and Storm's post to more than "thank you" and a like I know Im doing right when I dont respond or do some stupid troll sh1t.

PLUS this thread done took a far far left term it went from Steph n Ayisha looking the same to this.

Urban media sadly is only stereotype and viewed as "African American/Black" when its all races

Now there will be another 4 pages or this is going to die out
    AND IF THIS SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT DIE OUT ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh and lloyd and TL dont make another 4 pages based on what OPP and Storm said OOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I know they trolling like me

Liked
    1470 times

Quote Originally Posted by blafy View Post
    I swear if TL and LLoyd do not respond back to OPP and Storm's post to more than "thank you" and a like I know Im doing right when I dont respond or do some stupid troll sh1t.

PLUS this thread done took a far far left term it went from Steph n Ayisha looking the same to this.

Urban media sadly is only stereotype and viewed as "African American/Black" when its all races

Now there will be another 4 pages or this is going to die out
    AND IF THIS SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT DIE OUT ooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh and lloyd and TL dont make another 4 pages based on what OPP and Storm said OOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I know they trolling like me
    thing is,you're a funny troll and it's all in fun. people that troll and aren't funny<<<< worst of all time not saying the two of them are because i'm sure they're not but oh well..TL with another thread that sparks a reaction out of everybody and takes a u-turn

Liked
    4930 times

Quote Originally Posted by RasheedLateef View Post
    thing is,you're a funny troll and it's all in fun. people that troll and aren't funny<<<< worst of all time not saying the two of them are because i'm sure they're not but oh well..TL with another thread that sparks a reaction out of everybody and takes a u-turn
    Well it is her thread that she wants to turn it into these debates

Catch Up Newbies Sometimes I think Stephanie Santiago and Ayisha Diaz are the same person TightLipped's Avatar
    Liked
    1033 times

I love it when yall talk like this
    (Capitalist) people start buggin cuz yall talk like this
    (Intelligent) thugs is like, "Nah Yall" Talk that ****
    The (Stan) boys go crazy when they hear the KINGS Empowering Steezy
    "A man is what he thinks about all day long-emerson-"

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast