Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes I think Stephanie Santiago and Ayisha Diaz are the same person

Catch Up Newbies Sometimes I think Stephanie Santiago and Ayisha Diaz are the same person
    Liked
    411 times

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd View Post
    Wow. This is the naivety I'm speaking about in regards to Reality vs. The Black Perception of Reality. It is only blacks who says "Race Doesn't Matter." As in the same case of Dr. King whites and other races do not share that same philosophy. Even though race may not matter to the modern day negro it does matter to whites.

Blacks are caught up in the matrix of their minds where their perception of reality isn't real. Blacks feel like "we have overcome"..."the struggle is over"..."we now have a black president so that means we're loved and accepted by whites and hispanics..."we love and appreciate white women and Hispanic women."

So let's include them on our blogs...on our websites and in our urban magazines. Let's desire, pursue and date them for surely they desire us with equal passion and interest.

Looking at chicks half naked clapping their asses is NOT the way we should be appreciating black women, or ANY women for that matter.

Catch Up Newbies Sometimes I think Stephanie Santiago and Ayisha Diaz are the same person
    Liked
    4930 times

THIS QUOTE RIGHT HERE LLOYD

Quote Originally Posted by stormesthunder View Post
    I've lurked around for a bit, seen some of these debates and chuckled... but I feel like this one is unique in a specific way that's interesting to me.

There's a lot of anger floating around here about several reasons... too many beige women on a "black" forum. Anger about too many speeches in threads whose point is only to look at urban sex icons. Anger about too little appreciation for what it means to be black in modern America, and the direction mainstream black culture has taken. I don't claim to be able to solve any of those problems. But I feel it's better to ask the right question than to claim to have the right answer... so here are some questions.

Is your or my perspective one that can be imposed on the rest of the world? On the rest of our race? On the rest of your block? Is it possible that we're generalizing too much? "Never, Always, Everywhere, and Nowhere" sound great in an argument, but there's no number of anecdotes that you can add together to make a fact.

It may just be my own observation, but I haven't experienced males of any other ethnic group that refer to women as "bitch" so much as black men. I think that word is way more confusing and problematic in mainstream black culture than any variation of "******." There's no doubt that it is an insulting word... a degrading word. So I have to ask, is there something about being a black man that produces anger towards women, especially black women? Is it merely a product of internalizing the dialogue of a misogynistic hip hop culture? Or, since anger is a secondary emotion, have many black men been hurt or disappointed by women, whether in their communities or elsewhere?

That brings me to hip hop culture in general, and the women who are "glorified" in it. In my opinion I don't think it's an insult to black women that many hispanic/white women are posted on "black" forums. I think it should be a relief to them. The only "glory" given out here is completely superficial- I don't think it should be a matter of pride or honor or esteem for a black woman to be posted here. Sure it's flattering I guess, but black woman have much more to offer than the shape of their bodies. I doubt there are many who lose sleep over not being posted on HHS or world star or ______.com.

If you must, objectify women of EVERY other race, but I personally have higher hopes for the image of the black woman than being a sex symbol for black men. I mean correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone here is -really- trying to marry a stripper, or the chick dancing in a rap video. This isn't "my perfect wife forum." I think men just like having a place to look at and compare women they find sexy without needing to be socially appropriate.

Should the women black men find attractive be mainly black? I don't know. Probably. But if the goal is to make that happen, what's the point? How does that help gender relations in the black community? Would finding more black women attractive bring black men closer to respecting and appreciating them?

Liked
    170 times

Quote Originally Posted by stormesthunder View Post
    I've lurked around for a bit, seen some of these debates and chuckled... but I feel like this one is unique in a specific way that's interesting to me.

There's a lot of anger floating around here about several reasons... too many beige women on a "black" forum. Anger about too many speeches in threads whose point is only to look at urban sex icons. Anger about too little appreciation for what it means to be black in modern America, and the direction mainstream black culture has taken. I don't claim to be able to solve any of those problems. But I feel it's better to ask the right question than to claim to have the right answer... so here are some questions.

Is your or my perspective one that can be imposed on the rest of the world? On the rest of our race? On the rest of your block? Is it possible that we're generalizing too much? "Never, Always, Everywhere, and Nowhere" sound great in an argument, but there's no number of anecdotes that you can add together to make a fact.

It may just be my own observation, but I haven't experienced males of any other ethnic group that refer to women as "bitch" so much as black men. I think that word is way more confusing and problematic in mainstream black culture than any variation of "******." There's no doubt that it is an insulting word... a degrading word. So I have to ask, is there something about being a black man that produces anger towards women, especially black women? Is it merely a product of internalizing the dialogue of a misogynistic hip hop culture? Or, since anger is a secondary emotion, have many black men been hurt or disappointed by women, whether in their communities or elsewhere?

That brings me to hip hop culture in general, and the women who are "glorified" in it. In my opinion I don't think it's an insult to black women that many hispanic/white women are posted on "black" forums. I think it should be a relief to them. The only "glory" given out here is completely superficial- I don't think it should be a matter of pride or honor or esteem for a black woman to be posted here. Sure it's flattering I guess, but black woman have much more to offer than the shape of their bodies. I doubt there are many who lose sleep over not being posted on HHS or world star or ______.com.

If you must, objectify women of EVERY other race, but I personally have higher hopes for the image of the black woman than being a sex symbol for black men. I mean correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think anyone here is -really- trying to marry a stripper, or the chick dancing in a rap video. This isn't "my perfect wife forum." I think men just like having a place to look at and compare women they find sexy without needing to be socially appropriate.

Should the women black men find attractive be mainly black? I don't know. Probably. But if the goal is to make that happen, what's the point? How does that help gender relations in the black community? Would finding more black women attractive bring black men closer to respecting and appreciating them?
    You've mentioned quite a bit in your post and I will try to be brief as possible in answering the questions you have proposed. Firstly the title of this thread which has sparked this left turned debate is called "Sometimes I think Stephanie Santiago and Ayisha Diaz are the same person." with that being said, this thread is simply about the confusion of two hispanic women being the same person.

As a black male who's main interest is in black women why would I care about two Hispanic women being confused as the same person? Secondly, Hispanic men would NEVER make a post on their blogs or websites about if two black women are the same person so why are we making post about their women? When you combine this post with the many other post of latin and white women who are featured on this site more than black women, it becomes quite overwhelming to consume.

And to know that it is black men who are the driving force behind these posts, is extremely disappointing and hurtful to see it done so often. Posting more Hispanic women over black women on urban websites by black men means more desirability for Hispanic women over black women, more visibility and promotion for Hispanic women and less for black women. As I've said before, it is not only the black males on HHS.com who are doing this but many other black males on other urban websites who are doing the exact same thing.

This is an epidemic and not a new direction but a mis-direction because black men are missing the point. He's misdirecting his energy and interest outside of his race, his women and his community. It is something about the hardships, environment, lack of proper upbringing, education, lack of opportunity, social injustices, racial discrimination and white hatred that bring about anger in black men and that anger is demonstrated and targeted to those in his immediate environment and surroundings whether it is shooting and killing his fellow black man for stepping on his shoes, abandoning his children, or calling his black women a bitch or a hoe when she upsets him or for no given reason.

And you are absolutely wrong. If you stepped out of a male dominated hip hop cyber environment and visited black women forums such as S2S.com or angry black girl and many others where black women equally voice their opinions you will read and come to learn the black woman's thoughts about black men lusting over women of other races is not acceptable. Black women DO NOT appreciate and are angry that black men constantly lust and post women of other races on their websites.

Imagine if black women posted white and hispanic men on their blogs more than black men. If black men found out he would be outraged. Oh the hypocrisy! Black men have never forgiven Halle Berry for being f*cked like a dog by Billy Bob Thorthon in Monster's Ball.

The constant race disloyalty that black men constantly show towards black women have compelled many black women to seek alternative means in terms of dating and marrying men outside their race or they turn to lesbianism. Because of black men...it has gotten so bad for black women that black women are now dating Asian men (the least desirable male in the world's dating pool).

And yes. The women black men find attractive should be mainly black. Because if she was good enough for your daddy, she should be good enough for your black ass.
    Last edited by lloyd; 08-24-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Liked
    170 times

Interesting response from everyone to say the least.

Liked
    411 times

Quote Originally Posted by lloyd View Post
    As a black male who's main interest is in black women why would I care about two Hispanic women being confused as the same person?
    You tell us, you have 1-2 posts on every page in this thread... if it didn't interest you why click the link and continue to reply?

Liked
    170 times

Quote Originally Posted by we got doe View Post
    OK so we're back to square one.... if you don't need these boards to find out about/meet these broads why are you here

If you want more black women to be represented in the urban model world why dont you post them

If you are so connected & spend so much time with these broads why are you such a whiny bitch

I think you are just a liar and a troll... you came up with this 'i meet these broads' thing to a) save your integrity b) act like you are above a board you post on regularly

Youre a joke
    1. I stated the exact opposite. I said I come to these boards to look at and gather info/data on the models who are posted here.
    2. What would be the point of posting black women on here when many of you don't find them desirable?
    3. I casted two models for a music video that was shot in L.A. several months ago. I contacted one of the models via her twitter. found out about her and got her contact info from another urban site. The second model I saw her in SHOW mag and got her contact info.

- The second model and I went out a couple of times and trust me when I tell you..she's a cutie pie with a big ole swole booty.

You don't know me man.

Liked
    170 times

Quote Originally Posted by we got doe View Post
    You tell us, you have 1-2 posts on every page in this thread... if it didn't interest you why click the link and continue to reply?
    And yet not in any of my post were they directed to or about the subjects of interest. I responded to this thread because I'm tired of seeing so many Hispanic women and mixed chicks posted more on black forums over black women by black men. Seeing black men out in public with hispanic/white women doesn't help either.

Liked
    4930 times

LLoyd why does it bother YOU so much what another man or woman finds attractive.

Catch Up Newbies Sometimes I think Stephanie Santiago and Ayisha Diaz are the same person TightLipped's Avatar
    Liked
    1033 times

Quote Originally Posted by blafy View Post
    LLoyd why does it bother YOU so much what another man or woman finds attractive.
    uuuhhhhh same reason it bothers you so much that Lloyd (another man) has a specific preference
    "A man is what he thinks about all day long-emerson-"

Liked
    170 times

Quote Originally Posted by Opportunist View Post
    Urban entertainment isn't limited to only black.

I understand how one could be misled to believe its suppose to be black African American dominated... Even in 2013.

In Hip Hop/ the urban world we support whatever is hot and poppin for the moment.

It's why someone "fat black and ugly" can run the game, to a white boy from Detroit, to a brooklyn drug dealer, to a light skin jewish kid from Toronto to overweight Hispanics

The term Urban/ hip hop is unlike anything else. Its a umbrella. Don't minimize & compare it to white, black, Hispanic name-calling here or there, etc

With these ladies we're not judging, appreciating, and admiring skill. We're judging, appreciating and admiring appearance. props is given where it's due.

Opp out.
    Urban entertainment is black entertainment or black media whether it is black television programming, black films, black social sites or black publishing. It is not a mixture of races. It is the majority of one audience (black) that may include a few other minorities. Black men are the driving force behind urban entertainment and it is he who controls and is trying to integrate hispanic and white audiences over into urban entertainment for financial means.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast