Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Vanessa Veasley Interview(Talks On Urban Modeling Industry)

Super Moderator Vanessa Veasley Interview(Talks On Urban Modeling Industry)
    Vanessa Veasley Interview(Talks On Urban Modeling Industry)
    Liked
    1470 times

Arrow Vanessa Veasley Interview(Talks On Urban Modeling Industry)

From an interview she did for Indosplace a few years ago based on her experience in the industry, and specifically as the editor of SHOW magazine.

What the outsiders don't understand is that there are factors on both sides that make your favorite girl appear in magazines consistently. First off, your favorite model might be a bitch on set, a diva, hard to work with, require excessive airbrushing, be pregnant, be in a relationship with a guy that doesn't want her to model anymore, having family issues, etc. Just because you love her, and see her active on twitter does not mean she's desirable, or available as a model to the magazines.

It's soooo frustrating when the girls that have the most promise visually, can NOT seem to get it together professionally. This job takes a fighting spirit, work ethic, thick skin, and sense of self-worth that a lot of the most beautiful girls simply don't have.

You can try to help, but it gets exhausting trying to help women that don't believe you when you tell them how pretty they are, won't take 30 min out their day to answer bio questions, won't show up on time etc. So yeah, the spoils then go to the hustlers. The girls that are actively helping themselves and won't ruin your connections by flaking on a shoot or throwing a temper tantrum. The work goes to the Rosa's, the Suelyn's, Coco's, Amie's, etc. Because they simply make everyone's job much easier."

VIA Indosplace

Member Vanessa Veasley Interview(Talks On Urban Modeling Industry)
    Liked
    21 times

Oh, I thought this was a current interview. *shrugs* Anyway, read this a few years ago, as I had then as I have now, I agree 100 percent with the excerpt above.

General question: How many times have you saw or knew someone had great looks with potential (unsigned hype), only for said person to not pan out for what ever reason?

Super Moderator Vanessa Veasley Interview(Talks On Urban Modeling Industry)
    Vanessa Veasley Interview(Talks On Urban Modeling Industry)
    Liked
    1470 times

Quote Originally Posted by Stick View Post
    Oh, I thought this was a current interview. *shrugs* Anyway, read this a few years ago, as I had then as I have now, I agree 100 percent with the excerpt above.

General question: How many times have you saw or knew someone had great looks with potential (unsigned hype), only for said person to not pan out for what ever reason?
    it's all in what these models do once they get their name out there and build a fanbase. Though,everyone is always looking for the next hot thing to hit the scene.