Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Off-Topic: Happy Birthday To The GOAT Hip-Hop Album EVER!!!!

Super Moderator Off-Topic: Happy Birthday To The GOAT Hip-Hop Album EVER!!!!
    Off-Topic: Happy Birthday To The GOAT Hip-Hop Album EVER!!!!
    Liked
    1470 times

Quote Originally Posted by dawitwy View Post
    by those standards Kanye is better than Biggie, Jay-Z, and Nas and anybody thats ever talked about doin dirt........so when u say MBDTF is the G.O.A.T.......I can't help but have doubts about your grasp of the term "overrated".......cause Ish, when it comes to lyricism........please believe me when I say that Kanye would need to stand on a mountain top with a pair of binoculars to even see the outskirts of Nas's radar..........
    yeah,as for as lyricism goes nas,eminem,jay z got em,i love those guys. But I don't know if any of them have a Runaway or a BLKKK SKKKN HEAD or a Stronger in them,YOU CAN'T TWERK TO BLKKK SKKKN HEAD,I MEAN YOU CAN TURN UP BUT YOU CAN'T TWERK TO IT,IT AIN'T RIGHT FAM HAHA. For you,maybe Illmatic is the greatest hip-hop album ever made. For me,right now it's MBDTF..it could be Ready to Die tomorrow or It Was Written or whatever

Dice City Kid Off-Topic: Happy Birthday To The GOAT Hip-Hop Album EVER!!!! ishuz702's Avatar
    Liked
    1571 times

Quote Originally Posted by dawitwy View Post
    by those standards Kanye is better than Biggie, Jay-Z, and Nas and anybody thats ever talked about doin dirt........so when u say MBDTF is the G.O.A.T.......I can't help but have doubts about your grasp of the term "overrated".......cause Ish, when it comes to lyricism........please believe me when I say that Kanye would need to stand on a mountain top with a pair of binoculars to even see the outskirts of Nas's radar..........
    You are right on the lyrics part...nas is one of the illest poets ever...but if it was just about lyrics...there are so many more rappers that should be in this conversation...immortal technique...slaughterhouse...tech n9ne...but as a body of work...theme...feel...art...bravado...and flat out speaking real man **** ...I'm not saying Kanye is even in my top 5 mc's..,but that album to me is Picasso

Catch Up Newbies Off-Topic: Happy Birthday To The GOAT Hip-Hop Album EVER!!!!
    Liked
    820 times

Quote Originally Posted by RasheedLateef View Post
    yeah,as for as lyricism goes nas,eminem,jay z got em,i love those guys. But I don't know if any of them have a Runaway or a BLKKK SKKKN HEAD or a Stronger in them,YOU CAN'T TWERK TO BLKKK SKKKN HEAD,I MEAN YOU CAN TURN UP BUT YOU CAN'T TWERK TO IT,IT AIN'T RIGHT FAM HAHA. For you,maybe Illmatic is the greatest hip-hop album ever made. For me,right now it's MBDTF..it could be Ready to Die tomorrow or It Was Written or whatever
    have you heard any of their albums.......i'll give you a few starters.....for Nas, i know you've heard If I Ruled The World, so listen to 2nd Childhood and Get Down........for Eminem, Stan and Soldier.......for Jay, Song Cry, Soon You'll Understand, and In My Lifetime (Remix)........

Catch Up Newbies Off-Topic: Happy Birthday To The GOAT Hip-Hop Album EVER!!!!
    Liked
    820 times

Quote Originally Posted by ishuz702 View Post
    You are right on the lyrics part...nas is one of the illest poets ever...but if it was just about lyrics...there are so many more rappers that should be in this conversation...immortal technique...slaughterhouse...tech n9ne...but as a body of work...theme...feel...art...bravado...and flat out speaking real man **** ...I'm not saying Kanye is even in my top 5 mc's..,but that album to me is Picasso
    I wasn't just talkin lyrics........the Illmatic was produced by DJ Premier, Pete Rock, Large Professor, and Q-Tip.......all of them are in the all-time top 10 of hip-hop producers.......so is Kanye, and POWER is my favorite song by Kanye (besides Spaceship), so you're right........it is a picasso.........its just that the Illmatic is the Sistine Chapel.........

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123