Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: WHAT IS THE CRITERIA YOU LOOK FOR TO CONSIDER AN ALBUM A "GOOD ALBUM"???

I LOVE WALE, LUPE & CUDI WHAT IS THE CRITERIA YOU LOOK FOR TO CONSIDER AN ALBUM A "GOOD ALBUM"??? Orchid's Avatar
    Liked
    24 times

Exclamation WHAT IS THE CRITERIA YOU LOOK FOR TO CONSIDER AN ALBUM A "GOOD ALBUM"???

This was a question on twitter from west coast artist Convinced. So i decided to ask HHS music lovers....WHAT IS THE CRITERIA YOU LOOK FOR TO CONSIDER AN ALBUM A "GOOD ALBUM"???
    Lead Yourself ~Wasalu Jaco~
    JOIN HIPHOPSTAN.COM

Eat Lead!!! WHAT IS THE CRITERIA YOU LOOK FOR TO CONSIDER AN ALBUM A "GOOD ALBUM"??? Ironstreets's Avatar
    Liked
    66 times

lyrics,a few punch lines, and not the same sh** over & over on the same record

D-Town hip hop at its finest

Booty Gif Dot Com WHAT IS THE CRITERIA YOU LOOK FOR TO CONSIDER AN ALBUM A "GOOD ALBUM"???
    Liked
    3 times

1. are you still playing tracks on it 6 months after it came out!

2. does it have at least 3 really good songs like Jay-Z last album
    Run This Town, On To The Next One, Ny State of Mind... 4.5 Mics out of 5

3. Is it setting trends or following trends.. if its auto tune all over the place its following ughhhhh

90% of the releases these days are NOT good. rap sound like the early 80's when nobody had albums just filler and strong 12 inch single.. the format at the time!!

New Arrival
    Liked
    0 times

Lyrics and the productions. If there's an artist which I don't know I always look the collabs and the producers before giving it a try.

Booty Gif Dot Com WHAT IS THE CRITERIA YOU LOOK FOR TO CONSIDER AN ALBUM A "GOOD ALBUM"???
    Liked
    3 times

the album format is becoming a dinosaur like the 12 inch vinyl album itself. with the internet everything gets leaked before official release dates and all songs are just random Mp3 floating on the internet.

music seems to be very disposable these days.

1992-1998 was Hip Hops last creative peak. starting with the Chronic, and then Wutang Biggie Nas and Jay Z dropping there debuts Outkast launching the ATL revolution..

lyricism checked out in the 00's i hope this decade gets back to better lyricism. hip hop stars got so rich and bloated doing clothing lines, alcohol and energy drinks, Cologne and you name it! in sports a ballers endorsement are propped up by his on court performance, but in the music game you had extra ciriculars and the music suffered.

Everytime i see Nicki Minaj shes in some photoshoot instead of being in the studio. This chick won best female rapper award at BET and dont even have a debut album yet...

Oh well im ranting. a good album that can be a great album is a hungry rapper and a creative beat team that takes chances. Think NAS in 1994 meets the Neptunes in 1998! get in the studio and lay down the truth about your experience without all the hype, A&R and label dabbling, album push backs, politics and BS!

The last GREAT album in hip hop was Jayz Blueprint 3. its very creative and consistent 90% of modern rap albums are not!

New Arrival
    Liked
    0 times

It must have really good BEATS - this is the most important and some good lyrics too everything else doesn't matter

I LOVE WALE, LUPE & CUDI WHAT IS THE CRITERIA YOU LOOK FOR TO CONSIDER AN ALBUM A "GOOD ALBUM"??? Orchid's Avatar
    Liked
    24 times

Quote Originally Posted by booty-gifs View Post
    The last GREAT album in hip hop was Jayz Blueprint 3. its very creative and consistent 90% of modern rap albums are not!

uh i think no, the last GREAT album was Lupe Fiasco The Cool
    Lead Yourself ~Wasalu Jaco~
    JOIN HIPHOPSTAN.COM

New Arrival
    Liked
    0 times

Default Good Album

A good album in my opinion would consist of good quality beats, deep lyrically content, and high quality mixing, along side with creativity. if this is what your looking for check this