Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Man Fixes A Plane With Duct Tape And flies It Home???

Eat Lead!!! Man Fixes A Plane With Duct Tape And flies It Home??? Ironstreets's Avatar
    Liked
    66 times

Question Man Fixes A Plane With Duct Tape And flies It Home???

Ouch.

(Credit:
    ArmyParatrooper.org)

Any geek worth his (or her) weight in salt will tell you that one of the most necessary tools for ad hoc repairs is duct tape. In fact, the one thing geeks don't use it for is to tape ducts. I've known people who have used duct tape to mount a hard drive, weather-proof a camera, build a cantenna, make ice skates, and affix a flash defuser for a camera.

But nothing my super-nerd friends have done compares with the story that comes to us via forums of ArmyParatrooper.org, where user lz_NorthPole shares this tale from the Alaskan wilderness.

A fisherman chartered a small plane to fly into the Alaskan backcountry for some fishing. The fisherman unwisely left fresh bait in the plane, which attracted a bear--this being bear country and all--and the animal then tore the airplane apart. The image you see above is the trashed plane.

But the charter pilot supposedly was a bad-ass. And like a bad-ass he wouldn't just let a bear get away with tearing up his airplane. No, this bad-ass--who must be a geek--called another pilot to ferry in new tires, sheet plastic, and three cases of duct tape.

lz_NorthPole claims the pilot applied the materials, flew the thing home, and arrived safely. I fervently hope he is not playing an early April Fools' joke, because this is the best use of duct tape I've seen in a long time.

What you see above is the before. The "after" shot is after the jump. Take a look and tell us: do you think this story (and plane) flies?

D-Town hip hop at its finest

He's On Fire! Man Fixes A Plane With Duct Tape And flies It Home??? HipHop.I.AM's Avatar
    Liked
    32 times

sorry to say this but.................only thing left is to know where this nicca gonna crash at
    Do not bark up this tree,....this tree will fall on you..