Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sagging Pants Ban Ruled Unconsitutional

Product of Determination Sagging Pants Ban Ruled Unconsitutional Opportunist's Avatar
    Liked
    5400 times

Default Sagging Pants Ban Ruled Unconsitutional

MIAMI (AFP) - A Florida judge has deemed unconstitutional a law banning baggy pants that show off the wearer's underwear, local media reported Tuesday.
    ADVERTISEMENT

A 17-year-old spent a night in jail last week after police arrested him for wearing low pants in Riviera Beach, southeast Florida.

The law banning so-called "saggy pants" was approved by city voters in March after supporters of the bill collected nearly 5,000 signatures to put the measure on the ballot.

The teen would have received a 150 dollars fine or community service, but he spent the night in jail due to a history of marijuana use, the Palm Beach Post newspaper said.

"Somebody help me," said Palm Beach Circuit Judge Paul Moyle, before giving his decision.

"We're not talking about exposure of buttocks. No! We're talking about someone who has on pants whose underwear are apparently visible to a police officer who then makes an arrest and the basis is he's then held overnight, no bond."

"Your honor, we now have the fashion police," added public defender Carol Bickerstaff, who asked the law be declared "unconstitutional."

The judge agreed with Bickerstaff immediately, reported the Post.

Laws that ban low-slung pants are on the books in several US cities, including Delcambre, Louisiana, where offenders can be fined up to 500 dollars or jailed for up to six months.

Dallas, Texas and Atlanta, Georgia are among the larger US cities considering similar measures.
    Look up in the sky and tell me what you see
    The clouds, naw nigga, not me
    I see opportunity, I'm a opportunist
    Nigga, you heard what I said, "I'm a opportunist"

I LOVE WALE, LUPE & CUDI Sagging Pants Ban Ruled Unconsitutional Orchid's Avatar
    Liked
    24 times

Default Re: Sagging Pants Ban Ruled Unconsitutional

THAT'S THE USA THE LAND OF THE FREE...WELL ALMOST WE JUST WANT YOU TO LIVE AND DRESS A CERTAIN WAY, BUT YET STILL FREE.

SO MUCH FOR THE FIRST AMENDMENDT WHICH TECHNIACLLY YOUR FASHION SENSE INCLUDES AS YOUR FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

Eat Lead!!! Sagging Pants Ban Ruled Unconsitutional Ironstreets's Avatar
    Liked
    66 times

Quote Originally Posted by orchid1197 View Post
    THAT'S THE USA THE LAND OF THE FREE...WELL ALMOST WE JUST WANT YOU TO LIVE AND DRESS A CERTAIN WAY, BUT YET STILL FREE.

SO MUCH FOR THE FIRST AMENDMENDT WHICH TECHNIACLLY YOUR FASHION SENSE INCLUDES AS YOUR FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
    u know America hates its step children

D-Town hip hop at its finest

OhEmGee Sagging Pants Ban Ruled Unconsitutional Fresh2defsheis's Avatar
    We're Not Losers...We Are L.A.S.E.R.S.!!!
    Liked
    2 times

That **** should have never become a law in the first place, so what if you don't like tha way a person wears their clothes it doesn't mean they should go to jail for it, they should've put men in jail for wearin tight ass pants then, that **** is not a good sight either...

Ponder The Question NOT The Answer!

Eat Lead!!! Sagging Pants Ban Ruled Unconsitutional Ironstreets's Avatar
    Liked
    66 times

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh2defsheis View Post
    That **** should have never become a law in the first place, so what if you don't like tha way a person wears their clothes it doesn't mean they should go to jail for it, they should've put men in jail for wearin tight ass pants then, that **** is not a good sight either...
    :lmao002:

D-Town hip hop at its finest