Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bank Mistake Puts 89 Billion Dollars in a Mans Account!!

Eat Lead!!! Bank Mistake Puts 89 Billion Dollars in a Mans Account!! Ironstreets's Avatar
    Liked
    66 times

Default Bank Mistake Puts 89 Billion Dollars in a Mans Account!!

When Paul Fischer checked his bank account Friday night, he had a happy surprise. His balance had exploded to $88,888,888,888.88. A very lucky number indeed, and close to $89 billion.

Of course, the balance was a technical error by SunTrust Bank, which quickly fixed the problem. It also may have occurred in other accounts.

“You say, ’Eighty-eight billion, what can I do with that?’” said Mr. Fischer, who owns a jewelry concessionaire for Florida theme parks. “Maybe a handful of us could have brought down SunTrust Bank.”

Mr. Fischer had other ideas as well. Before the problem was fixed, he asked a SunTrust rep if he could move the money to an interest-bearing account until it was reclaimed and donate the interest to charity. Total interest: more than $7.3 million.

The bank said no.

The money was stripped out of his account by Saturday morning.

“It’s all gone. I’m poor again,” he said. “I was a billionaire for five hours.”

This kind of bank error happens frequently. But Mr. Fischer raises an interesting question: What if, for five hours, you truly did have $89 billion?

What would you do with the money? The ground rules are that you would have to give the money back — and whatever you bought or invested with it — after five hours.

If You Were Billionaire for Five Hours - The Wealth Report - WSJ

D-Town hip hop at its finest

Product of Determination Bank Mistake Puts 89 Billion Dollars in a Mans Account!! Opportunist's Avatar
    Liked
    5400 times

what a ulimate tease lol.... The bank would've got anything he spent right back from him
    Look up in the sky and tell me what you see
    The clouds, naw nigga, not me
    I see opportunity, I'm a opportunist
    Nigga, you heard what I said, "I'm a opportunist"

Eat Lead!!! Bank Mistake Puts 89 Billion Dollars in a Mans Account!! Ironstreets's Avatar
    Liked
    66 times

Quote Originally Posted by Opportunist View Post
    what a ulimate tease lol.... The bank would've got anything he spent right back from him
    I just died laughin at how he tried to get some interest off the money

D-Town hip hop at its finest

He's On Fire! Bank Mistake Puts 89 Billion Dollars in a Mans Account!! HipHop.I.AM's Avatar
    Liked
    32 times

I WOULDV E WITHDREEW THAT SHT AND CAUGHT THE NEXT FLIGHT OUT OF THE U.S
    Do not bark up this tree,....this tree will fall on you..

I LOVE WALE, LUPE & CUDI Bank Mistake Puts 89 Billion Dollars in a Mans Account!! Orchid's Avatar
    Liked
    24 times

Quote Originally Posted by HipHop.I.AM View Post
    I WOULDV E WITHDREEW THAT SHT AND CAUGHT THE NEXT FLIGHT OUT OF THE U.S
    ha he was a billionaire for 5 hours, but that is dumb to spend money on something you just gotta return, i would just take the money and run
    Lead Yourself ~Wasalu Jaco~
    JOIN HIPHOPSTAN.COM

Die $low Bank Mistake Puts 89 Billion Dollars in a Mans Account!! AZ westsider's Avatar
    Liked
    3 times

I WOULDA WROTE A 20 MILLION DOLLAR CHECK CASHED THE BITCH AND TOLD THE BANK GOOD LUCK GETTING THAT **** BACK I'LL MAKE PAYMENTS RIGHT AFTER MY FLIGHT TO A COUNTRY WITH NO EXTRADITION TREATY AND NICE BEACHES

*POSTING SOMEWHERE* Bank Mistake Puts 89 Billion Dollars in a Mans Account!! onevaguy's Avatar
    Liked
    12 times

i would had got only a million because i could have paid that back on some type of plan,

New Arrival
    Liked
    0 times

LOL, I would take the money and go to live in another country. Live resolved.