Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Why Do We Reallly Bootleg Music??? Real Talk

*POSTING SOMEWHERE* Why Do We Reallly Bootleg Music??? Real Talk onevaguy's Avatar
    Liked
    12 times

Default Why Do We Reallly Bootleg Music??? Real Talk

like i said just lookin to start one of those good threads about why people decide music isnt as important as it was when people were buying fabolous debut, janye debut etc. etc....

to me i found this very interesting and i would like to know what everybody feels on the situation

1: Do you think that forums like this kill the music industry or elevate filtering out the good from the bad?

2: Does anyone really buy music anymore?

Im just trying to establish why people dont buy music anymore. Is it simply because its free, or very much the case for me as i just feel like there really isnt that much good music to buy anymore. I find myself more and more going back to the classic albums.

Appriciate anyone who replys,

The Underground... Why Do We Reallly Bootleg Music??? Real Talk Sarachi Sauce's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Why Do We Reallly Bootleg Music??? Real Talk

I feel just the way you do, there isn't a full catalog of albums that drop in one year that I get excited about. I feel it's reached the point that there will be 2-3 albums I find myself drawn to purchase, be it because I'm a die hard fan of the artist, or having heard tracks/snippets of the album. Maybe it's because I'm older and I have to relocate my funds to bills and necessities whereas when I was living at home saving money, I had more cash to drop on CD's like dollar bills at a strip joint. You know how back in the day there was that joint claiming mtv killed the radio star? Over time it evolved, because now you have youtube killing videos (TRL/Rapcity anyone?), as well as easier access to hard to find music on hip hop websites and so on. Over time I think we outgrew that restriction zone the music industry had on us, dictating what they wanted to release out to the public. I just don't buy music because CD prices are hilariously high, though there are spots that sell second hand CD's for $8 or so in Portland. Another reason is accessibility to albums. I've been looking for about 5 years or so for RZA's "World According To RZA" album, which isn't sold statewide. It's an import, and I was damned to spend $20+ to someone on Amazon.com because it's hard to find. To make a long story short, I requested it on the Circuit, and voila....I now own a copy to an album I've wanted to own in my inventory for a long ass time. And also, how many albums do people get pumped about that they wanted to buy? I think my mind state has just changed. If I had more cash to blow away, maybe I would buy more CD's, but I figure "Hey, I could spend $18 for a CD, or get the album for free thus putting that money towards a utility bill or groceries." I choose the latter. Let's face it, if I'm not getting it off the net, a homie is going to have the album and will burn me a copy, and vice versa...
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create.
    Albert Einstein

Liked
    0 times

anything free is for me...
    But if ii like the artist i'll support them & purchase the cd.
    i done Shot Glock 9's
    been Through Hard Times
    did Enough **** In My Life To Make The Headlines
    niggaz Mah Age In The Unemployment Line Dog
    only Way You Could Stop Me If You Press Pause. {B.Gizzle}

I LOVE WALE, LUPE & CUDI Why Do We Reallly Bootleg Music??? Real Talk Orchid's Avatar
    Liked
    24 times

Thumbs up Re: Why Do We Reallly Bootleg Music??? Real Talk

Just for this year I have bought a total of 4 CD's:Wayne, Jeezy, Rick Ross and Coldplay(I'm a fan); but there wasn't any other album worth buying or had a big hit that had you wanting to buy it. Thanks to Itunes you can sample the album before you go out and buy it. Itunes helps you out in a way because its is very very rare, especially now-a-days, that you buy a CD and you can listen to it from beginning to end(where every track is your song) and that way you can pay $.99 for a song then pay $14.99 for a just one song that was the ****. For people who don't have Itunes they will forever have a hustleman who get the new music and mixtapes thats in the streets. Artist are also putting out there own mixtapes for free and are well aware that they aren't going to get any profits from the local hustleman. I'm not going to lie maybe about 60% of the songs on my Ipod are downloaded but there songs that were found on mixtapes and won't be on a mainstream CD or that song song was the **** in the club. Times are changing and music is part of that change which is to be expected but its the simple fact that hip-hop is an a serious coma and we sometimes see signs of life but its just flinches nothing major. Its good that music is changing because other artist who are out now are just a great as the greats that were here or is still here in the game. Thats the reason why were here were all stans for somebody.
    Lead Yourself ~Wasalu Jaco~
    JOIN HIPHOPSTAN.COM

Member Why Do We Reallly Bootleg Music??? Real Talk fsjets's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

its just certain artists and music i wouldnt buy, last album i bought was american gangsta and it was worth the money. I would only support artists that i listen to, you buy wat u like, but i usually download the album before i go to the store and buy it. Thats like going to a shoe store and you try the shoes on before you buy them, or when you test drive a car you check it out before you make a decision before buying anything.

month afta month afta month afta month afta month