Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Facebook spammer fined $873 million

Product of Determination Facebook spammer fined 3 million Opportunist's Avatar
    New Jersey
    5400 times

Default Facebook spammer fined $873 million

SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 24 (UPI) -- A U.S. district court awarded $873 million in damages to Facebook to be paid by a spammer whose materials appeared to be endorsed by the Facebook users.

The judgment prohibits the spammer, Adam Guerbuez, and his company, Atlantis Blue Capital, from interacting with Facebook, except in restricted circumstances, InformationWeek reported Monday.

"We don't take this affront lying down," Facebook director of security Mark Kelly and the company's general counsel Mark Howitson said in an e-mail.

"We are confident that this award represents a powerful deterrent to anyone and everyone who would seek to abuse Facebook and its users," Kelly said in a blog posting Monday.

The award, issued by a federal court in San Jose, Calif., is the largest ever against a spammer under the 2003 Can-Spam Act, InformationWeek said.

The company said it was "unlikely" it would collect the judgment, against Guerbuez who failed to appear in court. However, "we are going to go after him," the company's senior counsel Sam O'Rourke said.

"We know where he is and we're in the process of executing the judgment," he said.
    Look up in the sky and tell me what you see
    The clouds, naw nigga, not me
    I see opportunity, I'm a opportunist
    Nigga, you heard what I said, "I'm a opportunist"

Eat Lead!!! Facebook spammer fined 3 million Ironstreets's Avatar
    THA D
    66 times

Default Re: Facebook spammer fined $873 million

873 mill...he aint got no where near that

D-Town hip hop at its finest