Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Redlasso Shuts Down In Response To Fox/NBC Lawsuit

Eat Lead!!! Redlasso Shuts Down In Response To Fox/NBC Lawsuit Ironstreets's Avatar
    Liked
    66 times

Unhappy Redlasso Shuts Down In Response To Fox/NBC Lawsuit

Redlasso, the video site that allows bloggers to post clips of television content, has shut down its beta in response to a recently filed lawsuit by Hulu-backers Fox and NBC.

In May, Fox, CBS and NBC issued Cease and Desist notices to Redlasso for copyright violation, which the company largely ignored. In June the company established a “Media Advisory Board” headed by a number of ex-studio execs that they hoped would help smooth things over with the networks.

Since its launch eight months ago, Redlasso has seen exponential growth amongst bloggers, and can be seen on a number of top news, gossip, and political blogs. The site allows users to watch recorded feeds of a number of television shows, and “clip” potions of them for playback on their sites. Among the channels available are ESPN, Fox News, and CNN.

Redlasso records and serves all of this content from its servers, without legal license for any of it. The company has long held to the belief that it is protected by the first amendment, and that the snippets that bloggers distribute qualify for fair use (the embedded clips can only be 10 minutes long). Fair use may apply to the snippets, but the site is still hosting entire episodes, even if they are only available to approved bloggers.

The site will continue to operate for its Bussiness and “Radio to Web” clients.

all i gotta say is....****!!!

D-Town hip hop at its finest

...... Redlasso Shuts Down In Response To Fox/NBC Lawsuit Fabulous's Avatar
    Liked
    8 times

Default Re: Redlasso Shuts Down In Response To Fox/NBC Lawsuit

Quote Originally Posted by Ironstreets View Post
    Redlasso, the video site that allows bloggers to post clips of television content, has shut down its beta in response to a recently filed lawsuit by Hulu-backers Fox and NBC.

In May, Fox, CBS and NBC issued Cease and Desist notices to Redlasso for copyright violation, which the company largely ignored. In June the company established a “Media Advisory Board” headed by a number of ex-studio execs that they hoped would help smooth things over with the networks.

Since its launch eight months ago, Redlasso has seen exponential growth amongst bloggers, and can be seen on a number of top news, gossip, and political blogs. The site allows users to watch recorded feeds of a number of television shows, and “clip” potions of them for playback on their sites. Among the channels available are ESPN, Fox News, and CNN.

Redlasso records and serves all of this content from its servers, without legal license for any of it. The company has long held to the belief that it is protected by the first amendment, and that the snippets that bloggers distribute qualify for fair use (the embedded clips can only be 10 minutes long). Fair use may apply to the snippets, but the site is still hosting entire episodes, even if they are only available to approved bloggers.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamnnnnn
    "One hand full of ****... does not equal a fist full of dollars!" -50 Cent

Shut Up and Drink! Redlasso Shuts Down In Response To Fox/NBC Lawsuit Top shelf's Avatar
    Liked
    34 times

**** that's fucked up... I liked that site to there videos were clears and the media player was easy to use.

Product of Determination Redlasso Shuts Down In Response To Fox/NBC Lawsuit Opportunist's Avatar
    Liked
    5400 times

Quote Originally Posted by Ironstreets View Post

oh ****.
    Look up in the sky and tell me what you see
    The clouds, naw nigga, not me
    I see opportunity, I'm a opportunist
    Nigga, you heard what I said, "I'm a opportunist"

OhEmGee Redlasso Shuts Down In Response To Fox/NBC Lawsuit Fresh2defsheis's Avatar
    We're Not Losers...We Are L.A.S.E.R.S.!!!
    Liked
    2 times

That's messed up and Viacom tryin to do the same **** with youtube...smh

Ponder The Question NOT The Answer!