Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: O.J. Simpson sentenced to at least 6 years in prison

*POSTING SOMEWHERE* BREAKING NEWS: O.J. Simpson sentenced to at least 6 years in prison onevaguy's Avatar
    Liked
    12 times

Default BREAKING NEWS: O.J. Simpson sentenced to at least 6 years in prison

WHAT DO YOU THINK?.... HE WILL BE OUT IN 3 OR 4 IF NOT....HE WILL BE LIVING THE LIFE JUST LIKE MARTHA STEWARD...SO THE QUESTION ......DO YOU THINK HE WILL GET OUT ON FIRST PAROLE OR NOT???

BREAKING NEWS
    msnbc.com news services
    updated 27 minutes ago
    LAS VEGAS - During his sentencing hearing in a Las Vegas courtroom, an emotional O.J. Simpson apologized to the judge who heard his robbery case.

"I stand before you today sorry," Simpson said Friday. "I didn't mean to steal anything from anybody."

Simpson's lawyer said Simpson believed he was recovering his own property and pleaded for a light sentence.

In earlier court action Friday, the judge ruled that Simpson could not be freed on bail pending a possible appeal of his conviction in a robbery case.

The former football star, who walked away a free man after a celebrated murder trial, waited to hear Friday how much time he'll spend in a Nevada state prison for a botched attempt to recover sports mementos and personal items from two collectibles peddlers.

In earlier proceedings, neither Simpson, who was acquitted of the 1994 slayings of his ex-wife and her friend in Los Angeles, nor his co-defendant and former golfing buddy, Clarence "C.J. Stewart, testified at trial. They were convicted Oct. 3 of 12 criminal charges, including kidnapping and armed robbery, and face mandatory prison time — a minimum of six years and up to life.

District Attorney David Roger is not expected to call witnesses, spokesman Dan Kulin said.

Simpson lawyer Gabriel Grasso said Clark County District Court Judge Jackie Glass would likely keep the proceedings short.

"She wants to hear from the lawyers and she wants to hear from the defendants. That's about it," Grasso said.

Judge known for severe sentences
    Judges in Nevada have broad discretion in determining whether to run sentences consecutively or at the same time. Glass, known for giving severe sentences, can ignore or accept a recommendation from the state parole agency calling for at least 18 years.

She received written pleas for leniency from defense lawyers and was expected to rule on a request to let Simpson post bail and be freed from jail while he appeals his conviction. The judge already denied the men's request for a new trial.
    Last edited by onevaguy; 12-05-2008 at 01:27 PM.

Product of Determination BREAKING NEWS: O.J. Simpson sentenced to at least 6 years in prison Opportunist's Avatar
    Liked
    5400 times

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: O.J. Simpson sentenced to at least 6 years in prison

OJ is stupid. He'll serve the 6 years...they ain't giving him no early parole....
    Look up in the sky and tell me what you see
    The clouds, naw nigga, not me
    I see opportunity, I'm a opportunist
    Nigga, you heard what I said, "I'm a opportunist"

*POSTING SOMEWHERE* BREAKING NEWS: O.J. Simpson sentenced to at least 6 years in prison onevaguy's Avatar
    Liked
    12 times

Well Opp he got 16 years.. But up for parole after 6 years...So you say we will do more than the 6 years..

Shut Up and Drink! BREAKING NEWS: O.J. Simpson sentenced to at least 6 years in prison Top shelf's Avatar
    Liked
    34 times

OJ is a dumb ****