Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Black U.S. AIDS Rates Rival Some African Nations

Product of Determination Black U.S. AIDS Rates Rival Some African Nations Opportunist's Avatar
    Liked
    5400 times

Post Black U.S. AIDS Rates Rival Some African Nations

The AIDS epidemic among African-Americans in some parts of the United States is as severe as in parts of Africa, according to a report out Tuesday.

AIDS in America today is a black disease,” says Phill Wilson, founder and CEO of the institute and himself HIV-positive for 20 years. “2006 CDC data tell us that about half of the just over 1 million Americans living with HIV or AIDS are black.”

Although black people represent only about one in eight Americans, one in every two people living with HIV in the United States is black, the report notes. :omg022:

AIDS remains the leading cause of death among black women between ages 25 and 34. :omg022: It’s the second-leading cause of death in black men 35-44.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/condi...ort/index.html
    Look up in the sky and tell me what you see
    The clouds, naw nigga, not me
    I see opportunity, I'm a opportunist
    Nigga, you heard what I said, "I'm a opportunist"

Eat Lead!!! Black U.S. AIDS Rates Rival Some African Nations Ironstreets's Avatar
    Liked
    66 times

Default Re: Black U.S. AIDS Rates Rival Some African Nations

this epidemic been affectin us for a long time and frankly..im at a loss for words when it comes to this topic

D-Town hip hop at its finest

OhEmGee Black U.S. AIDS Rates Rival Some African Nations Fresh2defsheis's Avatar
    We're Not Losers...We Are L.A.S.E.R.S.!!!
    Liked
    2 times

Default Re: Black U.S. AIDS Rates Rival Some African Nations

Quote Originally Posted by Ironstreets View Post
    this epidemic been affectin us for a long time and frankly..im at a loss for words when it comes to this topic
    yea that's crazy that's why i don't understand how some people can have sex with just anybody

Ponder The Question NOT The Answer!