Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Billionare Kills Himself

...... Billionare Kills Himself Fabulous's Avatar
    Liked
    8 times

Default Billionare Kills Himself

(CNN) -- German billionaire Adolf Merckle, one of the richest men in the world, committed suicide Monday after his business empire got into trouble in the wake of the international financial crisis, Merckle's family said Tuesday in a statement.

Merckle, 74, was hit by a train in the southwestern town of Ulm, police said.

His family said the economic crisis had "broken" Merckle.

He was number 94 on the Forbes list of the world's richest people. He had fallen from number 44 on the Forbes 2007 rich list as his fortune declined from $12.8 billion to $9.2 billion in 2008.

Merckle's business empire included interests as diverse as cement-maker HeidelbergCement and generic drug-maker Ratiopharm. But he lost hundreds of millions of dollars, including company capital, betting against Volkswagen stock last year.

The state government of Baden-Wuerttemberg rejected his petition for financial assistance, and he entered bailout talks with several German banks.

"The financial troubles of his companies, induced by the international financial crisis and the uncertainty and powerlessness to act independently which the financial problems brought about, broke the passionate family business man, and he took his own life," his family wrote in the news release.

An employee of Germany's railroad company found the body on the tracks at about 7 p.m. Monday and notified authorities. Merckle's family had already reported him missing earlier in the day after he walked out of the house and did not return. Authorities are currently conducting DNA tests to confirm his identity.
    "One hand full of ****... does not equal a fist full of dollars!" -50 Cent

OhEmGee Billionare Kills Himself Fresh2defsheis's Avatar
    We're Not Losers...We Are L.A.S.E.R.S.!!!
    Liked
    2 times

Default Re: Billionare Kills Himself

see thats why tha love of money is tha root to evil...lol

you still got Billions in tha bank...why kill ya self...money is not gonna take my life sorry im not that greedy

Ponder The Question NOT The Answer!

Product of Determination Billionare Kills Himself Opportunist's Avatar
    Liked
    5400 times

i could see why he made it to being a billionaire just by reading this article....This man had balls...big balls. (no Homo)
    He didn't go out the sissy way, by easily pulling a trigger or overdosing on pills or cutting his wrist. This 74 year old man who probably couldn't move as fast as he did when he was 21 jumped in front of a train moving 160+ mph.

now ladies & gents ...it takes balls to do that.
    Look up in the sky and tell me what you see
    The clouds, naw nigga, not me
    I see opportunity, I'm a opportunist
    Nigga, you heard what I said, "I'm a opportunist"

*POSTING SOMEWHERE* Billionare Kills Himself onevaguy's Avatar
    Liked
    12 times

Damn shame still got money and not happy...So sad

New Arrival
    Liked
    0 times