Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Obese woman told to go to the zoo to get MRI!

Product of Determination Obese woman told to go to the zoo to get MRI! Opportunist's Avatar
    Liked
    5400 times

Red face Obese woman told to go to the zoo to get MRI!

When a 5-foot, 275-pound woman found out she had a tumor on her spine, she was told by her local hospital to go the zoo to have a MRI because a regular MRI machine could not hold her weight, myfoxkc.com reported.

Carolyn Ragan told the television station she discovered the tumor two years ago and, after the hospital told her she could not use their MRI machine, a medical assistant said he would help her find a solution.
    “So he suggested the Kansas City Zoo,” Ragan said. “I thought, I know I’m big, but I’m not as big as an elephant. And my husband got mad.”
    The University of Kansas Hospital would not comment on Ragan’s claim, but said its MRI department does not know of any animal MRI in the Kansas City area that would scan a human.
    Ragan’s problem was two-fold: She was too heavy for the table and too wide to slide through the opening.

Medical Imaging in Kansas City North, which has both closed and open MRI machines can typically hold up to 440 pounds, but sometimes a person who weighs less can still be out of luck, according to an MRI technician.
    “It depends on how they are built a lot of times and what part of their body we’re scanning,” said technician Sarah Abbott of Medical Imaging. “(The machine) can only be so open before the magnetic field dissipates into the room.”

Ragan, who ended up having two surgeries and some paralysis, said she finally found an open MRI machine that held her weight, but it was embarrassing and frustrating.
    “They should have machines that fit most everybody,” she said." Associated press

OMG I am laughing here! That must have been so embarrasing for the poor lady...but then again maybe it's a way of telling her to go on a diet.

Well somebody had to say it...

Thoughts?
    Look up in the sky and tell me what you see
    The clouds, naw nigga, not me
    I see opportunity, I'm a opportunist
    Nigga, you heard what I said, "I'm a opportunist"

*POSTING SOMEWHERE* Obese woman told to go to the zoo to get MRI! onevaguy's Avatar
    Liked
    12 times

Default Re: Obese woman told to go to the zoo to get MRI!

well damn thats fucked up,,,, people are so damn mean

OhEmGee Obese woman told to go to the zoo to get MRI! Fresh2defsheis's Avatar
    We're Not Losers...We Are L.A.S.E.R.S.!!!
    Liked
    2 times

Default Re: Obese woman told to go to the zoo to get MRI!

thats fucked up....they treated her like a damn animal...i woulda been mad

Ponder The Question NOT The Answer!