Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Michelle Obama J.Crew outfits in London prompt shopping frenzy stateside

Product of Determination Michelle Obama J.Crew outfits in London prompt shopping frenzy stateside Opportunist's Avatar
    Liked
    5400 times

Default Michelle Obama J.Crew outfits in London prompt shopping frenzy stateside

Michelle Obama is the best thing that ever happened to J.Crew.

As photos surfaced of the First Lady once again wearing an outfit from the preppy line in London this week, a shopping frenzy ensued stateside.

The cream-colored "crystal constellation" cardigan ($298) she wore during a visit to Maggie's Cancer Caring Centre Wednesday sold out on J.Crew's Web site by 10 a.m. that morning (her "dazzling dots" skirt, $158, is virtually gone as well).

If you want that sparkly cardi now, get in line: There's a 200-person waiting list.

With the company's stock price up nearly 64% in the past four months, it's good to be the fashionable First Lady's favorite retailer.

Clicks for this week's ensemble at JCrew.com increased traffic to those product pages by 3,000%.

When she appeared on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" in October wearing $340 worth of J.Crew pieces (amid the Sarah Palin $150,000 wardrobe scandal, no less), the store's site had a 64% traffic increase for the day.

The individual items - a yellow dotted pencil skirt and a yellow cardigan - saw a 464% increase in hits from the day before.

Local J.Crew stores, like the Rockefeller Center outpost, sold out of the items and had to start taking back orders.

And though she mixes and matches J.Crew pieces with pricier designer items, like Jimmy Choo pumps and Narciso Rodriguez shift dresses, Michelle remains loyal to the affordable brand.

To outfit her girls Sasha, 7, and Malia, 10, for Inauguration Day in January, Obama turned to the kid's line, crewcuts. The company's stock increased by 10.6% after the kids wore brightly colored, ribbon-tied coats and dresses from the fall2009 collection. The First Lady wore green J.Crew gloves with her much fancier pieces.
    Look up in the sky and tell me what you see
    The clouds, naw nigga, not me
    I see opportunity, I'm a opportunist
    Nigga, you heard what I said, "I'm a opportunist"

New Arrival
    Liked
    0 times

yes i think that they all order online from this site wholesale jewelry

OhEmGee Michelle Obama J.Crew outfits in London prompt shopping frenzy stateside Fresh2defsheis's Avatar
    We're Not Losers...We Are L.A.S.E.R.S.!!!
    Liked
    2 times

Default Re: Michelle Obama J.Crew outfits in London prompt shopping frenzy stateside

it gets on my nerves when people get stuff cuz of a person in tha spotlight...have ya own style

Ponder The Question NOT The Answer!