Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Illa Jays (J Dilla's kid bro) project

The Underground... Illa Jays (J Dilla's kid bro) project Sarachi Sauce's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Default Illa Jays (J Dilla's kid bro) project

Delicious Vinyl is proud to release the debut single by Illa J: "We Here" b/w "R U Listenin" featuring Guilty Simpson. Both tracks are produced by the legendary late producer Jay Dee (aka J Dilla), Illa J's older brother.

"We Here" is all sizzle and gleam as Illa J ad-libs his mission statement: "Yancey Boys from Detroit, Michigan...comin' for that number one spot...'bout to rock the world!" Over the previously unheard Dilla track (from a cache of Jay Dee beats held in safety for a decade by Delicious Vinyl founder Michael Ross) Illa J's soulful tenor delivers the hook: "We poppin' bottles like it's first day of the year." Illa J confirms the feeling: "Somebody could be in a hoopty but the Jay Dee beat sound so good it make them feel like they riding in a Phantom."

Illa J: "'We Here' is a celebration of waking up every day. Why not live out your dreams, why not try?" Of the lyric "Let's go crazy/ You saw Purple Rain" Illa J explains: "It's like Prince asking 'Are we gonna let the elevator break us down?' Naw, let's go all out! One of the things I learned from my brother is that you don't get that much time, so make the most of it. That's why I've decided to dedicate my life to doing what I love: music."

"R U Listenin" is a thumpadelic tribute to Detroit featuring Stones Throw recording artist Guilty Simpson, Illa and Guilty trading hot verses "sending love to the 313." Of the collaboration, Guilty Simpson exclaims: "Illa J is a young talent in his own right with many dimensions - a real force who's obviously the product of great stock!"

Delicious Vinyl's Michael Ross: "Anyone who loves Jay Dee is going to flip out when they hear how young Illa J represents for the Yancey family. For over a decade these beats have been waiting in the vault for this moment. It's like Jay Dee made these tracks with an extrasensory purpose, so that Illa J could rap and sing over them when the time was right. Well, it's that time. It's the Yancey Boys baby!" (Press Release) by mistapizzo

http://news.hiphopsite.com/blogs/newsonthedl/
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create.
    Albert Einstein

Eat Lead!!! Illa Jays (J Dilla's kid bro) project Ironstreets's Avatar
    Liked
    66 times

Default Re: Illa Jays (J Dilla's kid bro) project

i think i already heard one of the tracks

D-Town hip hop at its finest