Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Being Black vs. Being a Nigga

Catch Up Newbies Being Black vs. Being a Nigga cleaves05's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Default Being Black vs. Being a Nigga

There is a couple of points I want to hear some opinions on in this discussion. The most obvious being, what is the difference between being black and being a nigga? Which is more socially acceptable in the African American community? Is this the true war that is going on in society that hinders us as a whole?

As you grow up you are taught to hold certain opinions to yourself, I don't feel this is one of them. This subject though seems to confuse the **** out of people, especially when it comes to relating to one another.

What are the real Issues?!!

I LOVE WALE, LUPE & CUDI Being Black vs. Being a Nigga Orchid's Avatar
    Liked
    24 times

Default Re: Being Black vs. Being a Nigga

ok i'll be honest i am lost and confused as to what to put for a response...are you talking about in particular situations with being black vs a nigga OR just in general

side note: you gotta love cleaves for making you use your brain every once and awhile lol
    Lead Yourself ~Wasalu Jaco~
    JOIN HIPHOPSTAN.COM

Liked
    0 times

Just in general, when describing either one you tend to get into totally different lifestyles, which seem to be what's confusing when it comes to the african american culture as a whole. Both blacks and niggas are within the A-A culture. There is no more bombings and lynchings going on as if we were in the times of the civil rights movement.

One extra thought I had a while back that I figured to share now, our generation seemed to have suffered from the industrial movement of our elders. All of the jobs that pertained to improving technology to better the lives of all individuals has almost completely backfired. Computers and machines now occupy most of those same jobs. Our generation was built on values based around physical labor, and everything has now turned intellictual, but our values doesn't support everyone focusing on helping the education process. Who is to blame? I figured it's our own fault. One reason behind my conclusion, we allow ourselves to be taken out of our family's lives due to a neccessity to make money.

Catch Up Newbies Being Black vs. Being a Nigga TheBoss's Avatar
    Liked
    5 times

Quote Originally Posted by cleaves05 View Post
    There is a couple of points I want to hear some opinions on in this discussion. The most obvious being, what is the difference between being black and being a nigga? Which is more socially acceptable in the African American community? Is this the true war that is going on in society that hinders us as a whole?

As you grow up you are taught to hold certain opinions to yourself, I don't feel this is one of them. This subject though seems to confuse the **** out of people, especially when it comes to relating to one another.

What are the real Issues?!!

there is no difference jerk off..............where all freakin niccas, and thats the way its going to be even if you are succeful,.

and dont think we are geting our 40 acres and a mule
    Leave tough guys tied to a brick in the ocean..........

Shut Up and Drink! Being Black vs. Being a Nigga Top shelf's Avatar
    Liked
    34 times

Quote Originally Posted by TheBoss View Post
    there is no difference jerk off..............where all freakin niccas, and thats the way its going to be even if you are succeful,.

and dont think we are geting our 40 acres and a mule
    this is a nigga for you

Liked
    0 times

what does our culture need at this point in history to benefit the mass majority?

So Proper ENT. Being Black vs. Being a Nigga Ms Proper's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

being black is your ethinicity

being a nigga is your high amount if ignorance

you dont have to be black to be ignorant hence you dont have to be black to be a nigga

society uses it in that terms but if you want to be accurate to the definition.. Bush is a ****** lol
    MYSPACE.COM/MSPROPERDACEO

:dturtles:

sweetpanties Being Black vs. Being a Nigga
    Liked
    0 times

Question Re: Being Black vs. Being a Nigga

The Word (*Nigga*) Is The Same As The Word (********)Ok And And Anybody Can Be That....And What Is Being Black Mean Anyway???
    Sweetpanties Sounds Much Better Don't You Think???

Thank God 4 That White! Being Black vs. Being a Nigga hustleman's Avatar
    Liked
    14 times

Being Black is being unfortunate...most likely witness to the struggle. And more than likely a underachiever.

Being a nigga or how i like to say it ****** is a lifestyle. A coolness among colored folks. A mockery to the white corporate America boss. A kool slang/ alternate way of addressing and calling one another.

Liked
    0 times

Apparently I asked the right question finally. lol