Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Jay-Z Crowned The Hottest MC In The Game!!

Product of Determination Jay-Z Crowned The Hottest MC In The Game!! Opportunist's Avatar
    Liked
    5400 times

Default Jay-Z Crowned The Hottest MC In The Game!!

MTV reports, he's had the most acclaimed career in rap history. Jay-Z continues to add luster to his legacy with time-transcending music, multiple successful business ventures and his dominant influence over the game.

MTV News' Greatest MC of All Time is 2009's Hottest MC in the Game. Hov isn't just an elite MC that pushes the culture, the Brooklyn native is the standard-bearer, the leader, a source of inspiration and aspirations — Hov's the guy we all look to see how far hip-hop can go. And what a ride Shawn Carter has taken us on this year, from Presidential inaugural balls back to his Brooklyn 'hood (where he was accompanied by Oprah Winfrey), and he even found time to take us to the world's most famous arena — Madison Square Garden — for a charity concert featuring historic gathering of musical guests. He also surpassed Elvis Presley to become the solo act with the most #1 albums in Billboard history with 11.

Being authentic with your raps and having credibility is as precious as legal tender in hip-hop. Jay is money in the bank. Lyrically he says what no other truth-speaking MC can; his experiences are that great and unique.

"Meanwhile, I had Oprah chillin' in the projects," he raps on "On to the Next One," from his highly touted latest LP, Blueprint 3. "Had her out in Bed-Stuy, chillin' on the steps/ Drinkin' quarter waters, gotta be the best/ MJ [Michael Jackson] at Summer Jam, Obama on the text/ Y'all should be afraid of what I'm gon' do next."

On "Already Home," he separates himself from the pack again. "I'm in the Hall [of fame] already, on the wall already/ I'm a work of art, I'm a Warhol already/ On another level, on another plane already/ H-O-V, I got my own lane already/ I done cooked up the rock already/ So why the f--- can't ya'll get hot already/ Put your name in the pot already, n---as compare me to Biggie and Pac already."

Blueprint 3 is another Hov tour de force -- and it destroys the myth that there's an age limit on being a dope MC. At 39 years old, Jay is arguably still better than anybody on the mic today, rhyming with precision and grace.

"D.O.A. (Death of Auto-Tune)" was this year's ultimate statement record, it caused immediate controversy that is still being debated months later. "D.O.A." fostered conversation with the entire hip-hop community, and if you notice, the usage of Auto-Tune by singers and rappers has slowed down.

The promo campaign surrounding Blueprint 3 has been unprecedented, even for Jay-Z. He's done interviews with just about every media outlet — from Funkmaster Flex to Oprah Winfrey (and really, who else could get Oprah to walk through the projects in Brooklyn with a bright smile?) from "Le Grand Journal" in France to "TVTotal" in Germany. In between, he's toured and made high-profile TV appearances on the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards and his historic 9/11 charity concert at Madison Square Garden, which featured Beyoncé, Diddy, Rihanna, Kanye West and others, and raised money for the families of police and firefighters killed in the 2001 terrorist attacks.

Hov is the Hottest MC right now not just because of his talent -- he tells everyone the sky is the limit and proves it time and time again.

Co-Signer: Mary J. Blige "My favorite MC right now: Jay-Z. Forever more it will be Jay-Z. Jay-Z's raised all these kids: the Drakes, the Lil Waynes. I love and respect them because they respect him for giving that gift. Jay-Z is definitely at the top of my list. That's why we love him, he keeps going and elevating and blessing the new generation. You can't lose like that."

MTV's 2009 Hottest MCs In The Game list is shown below:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The huge debate around the internet regarding this list is, "Why Eminem didn't make the 2009 Hottest MC In The Game list?"

To view the full story, Jay-Z Is The Hottest MC In The Game, click here.
    Look up in the sky and tell me what you see
    The clouds, naw nigga, not me
    I see opportunity, I'm a opportunist
    Nigga, you heard what I said, "I'm a opportunist"

Dice City Kid Jay-Z Crowned The Hottest MC In The Game!! ishuz702's Avatar
    Liked
    1571 times

Default Re: Jay-Z Crowned The Hottest MC In The Game!!

em didnt make it cause encore was one of if not the WORST album in rap history....and relapse got MAYBE 2 plays from most....true story:cool:

FUCC NICCAS Jay-Z Crowned The Hottest MC In The Game!! FUCCBOYSBEWARE's Avatar
    Liked
    64 times

for me ross and fab could have been up higher they had a better year music wise than kanye , wayne, and drake dnt even have a album out yet
    kush smoker

Die $low Jay-Z Crowned The Hottest MC In The Game!! AZ westsider's Avatar
    Liked
    3 times

might as well put yayo and memph bleek on the list. rick ross? gucci mane? drake??? gtfoh! MTV is a JOKE!!! 1.JAY-Z 2.KANYE 3.LIL WAYNE 4.50 cent
    Last edited by AZ westsider; 10-05-2009 at 10:18 AM.

Product of Determination Jay-Z Crowned The Hottest MC In The Game!! Opportunist's Avatar
    Liked
    5400 times

Quote Originally Posted by AZ westsider View Post
    might as well put yayo and memph bleek on the list. rick ross? gucci mane? drake??? gtfoh! MTV is a JOKE!!! 1.JAY-Z 2.KANYE 3.LIL WAYNE 4.50 cent
    c'mon AZ.... how can you question Drake and Rick Ross being on the list???

u can't deny Deeper Than Rap this year... Deeper Than Rap kept Rick Ross career alive from being murked horribly by 50 Cent's humiliation/mockery of him.

Do I really need to explain why Drake should be on the list???... Drake, a freshman, release a mixtape which been out for over a year for free on the internet, and still push more than Only Built For Cuban Linx 2 his first week...dude moved over 80K on a free mixtape he put in stores, cuz of how hot he is right now...he buzz is almost competing with 50 Cent's buzz in '02.
    Look up in the sky and tell me what you see
    The clouds, naw nigga, not me
    I see opportunity, I'm a opportunist
    Nigga, you heard what I said, "I'm a opportunist"