Mase is under fire for going back and forth between religion and Hip-Hop.

It is not to say that a rapper cannot be religious and participate in the genre of Hip-Hop. There are countless artists that profess their faiths and beliefs, you hear it all the time in their acceptance speeches; but what happens when a pastor uses his congregation to help finance his music career?

In a recent interview, Mase’s former associate, Legacy The Jesus, breaks his silence about Mase and his alleged shady dealings.

In said interview, Legacy The Jesus said that on numerous occasions Mase would pull followers of the church into a “back room” and ask them for help in funding his music career as he gets his label situation worked out. Legacy also suggested that Mase was a false prophet often times preaching fidelity but being spotted in strip clubs with women on his lap – that are presumed not to be his wife – and appearing to also be “high.”

"I was sitting in there for about 3 years [and] I know Mase very well," he revealed in an interview. "He dodging all kind of interviews if you really do the homework on him. He don't take interviews with CoCo Brother and different people because he don't' have an explanation for what he's doing...I'm sewn into your ministry, you pulling us in the back room asking us to help fund your music projects because he didn't have his label situation yet. So he literally asking people from the church to support that so I'm an investor at this point... you understand. And if you taking my money to do something contrary to what you told me then we got a problem... You can't tell me dog, 'Hey man, be faithful to your wife and I'm your pastor,' but I see you in the strip club with 5 h*es on your lap and your high. That's a false prophet. You're not living by what you're saying and people can take that out of context and that is what it is. I don't expect Mase to be perfect but I definitely expect him to live by what he's saying. You can't go out there doing that bro because people get deceived." (via

Mase made headlines last month when he made a surprise visit to an Atlanta radio station where Diddy and his Dirty Money Crew were taping an interview. During his visit, Mase got Diddy to release him from his contract. It was later revealed that the signing was not to release him from his contract, but to allow him to record songs with other artists.