Queen Latifah recently revealed that she is returning to her rap roots by releasing an all-rap album in December.

Latifah divulged to Rolling Stone that the album will feature collaborations with LL Cool J, Ludacris and Dr. Dre. Missy Elliot and Swizz Beatz will also be contributing to the album.

“Dre helped me write some stuff. He wrote some stuff with me and Ludacris wrote a record for me,” Latifah revealed. “Lyrically it covers a range of topics. A lot of love on there. People, dealing with people, how people do all kinds of things.”

Latifah hasn't released an all-rap album in ten years. She released two all-singing albums during her hiatus from rap and has been heavily involved in film.

Latifah joked that she almost titled her upcoming album The L Word in response to the lesbian rumors that have dogged her over the years.

“L was gonna stand for love though or La,” Latifah said. “Since people want to play games, I like to jab back sometimes just for fun, but I’m like, ‘Nah, that’s too much energy wasted.”

Latifah has not decided on a title for her upcoming album.

In related news, Latifah will be sharing the big screen with Alicia Keys in an upcoming film titled The Secret Life of Bees. The flick opens on October 17th.

http://www.sixshot.com/news/12557/