Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Foxy Disappoints Fans at NYC Concert; Explains why to DJ Envy

Shut Up and Drink! Foxy Disappoints Fans at NYC Concert; Explains why to DJ Envy Top shelf's Avatar
    Liked
    34 times

Default Foxy Disappoints Fans at NYC Concert; Explains why to DJ Envy

After her highly anticipated headlining show ended in a no-show, Foxy Brown spoke with radio personality DJ Envy about missing her first post-prison concert in New York City over the weekend.

With excitement building for her return to the masses, the Brooklyn hip-hop diva appeared to leave fans wondering why she did not perform last Saturday (September 12). Foxy spoke with Envy on his “The People’s Choice” radio show on New York’s Hot 97 about the build-up for the long-awaited event.

“That was a heartbreaking experience. B.B. King’s had asked me to perform when I came home from jail and I thought it would be an incredible situation to turn it into a ‘Foxy Brown and Friends’,” she explained via telephone. “The perception of Foxy Brown is like, you know, that I’m by myself and I don’t really have too many friends in the music business and it’s actually the opposite.” [Listen here]

With a strong line-up of hip-hop legends including Big Daddy Kane, Scarface, Roxanne Shante and Spragga Benz, Foxy claimed she was prepping for a memorable experience.

“I said, well damn, this would be a good opportunity to do a ‘Welcome Home Foxy and Friends’ concert. So I got everybody to come, you know. Spragga. Scarface. Everybody. Circumstances happened. Spragga’s son was murdered,” she explained. “His 15 year-old son was killed in Jamaica and that kinda threw everything off and we had to deal with that. And then like for example, Scarface, there’s a hurricane in Houston. Face was grounded and he couldn’t fly out. So we still made the best of it."

Foxy outlined what exactly happened Saturday night that led to the missed appearance.

“We got there at 11,” she added. “I want people to know, we have a contractual agreement with B.B. King’s that my time to be on stage, my time to perform was 11:30. I arrive at the venue at 11:05. When I arrive they told me they shut everything down. Melle Mel was on stage. Grandmaster Flash was on stage. Michael Bivins was on stage. They shut them down. My good friend Nicole Bell, Sean Bell’s wife, was there. They shut her down. They made 800 people leave and people were upset, rightfully so. They came out to see me.”

The rap diva also promised, “in no way would I ever disrespect my fans” and told listeners to expect another event coming in the future. While keeping details to a minimum, Foxy did reveal the status of her upcoming album.

“We are getting the new Foxy Brown album out on Christmas Eve,” she said. “If that’s a Tuesday, then I’ll be dropping it on Christmas Eve. If it’s not, it’s the Tuesday before Christmas. Like I’m at my best. I’m in my best shape, the best shape of my life and I feel good. I’m about to sign an incredible deal with a major and then one of your favorite artists. It’s going to be incredible, with a joint venture.”

Source: Sohh.com

Eat Lead!!! Foxy Disappoints Fans at NYC Concert; Explains why to DJ Envy Ironstreets's Avatar
    Liked
    66 times

Default Re: Foxy Disappoints Fans at NYC Concert; Explains why to DJ Envy

if 50,Jay, and kanye droppin in December she should change her date cuz wont nobody be thinkin about her album

D-Town hip hop at its finest

Shut Up and Drink! Foxy Disappoints Fans at NYC Concert; Explains why to DJ Envy Top shelf's Avatar
    Liked
    34 times

I don't think anyone will be checking for her album period She's washed up her time is over. If she drops that album I doubt if she does better than Byrd Gang's first week album sales

The Underground... Foxy Disappoints Fans at NYC Concert; Explains why to DJ Envy Sarachi Sauce's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Daamn, when it rains, it pours.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create.
    Albert Einstein

Eat Lead!!! Foxy Disappoints Fans at NYC Concert; Explains why to DJ Envy Ironstreets's Avatar
    Liked
    66 times

Quote Originally Posted by Sarachi Sauce View Post
    Daamn, when it rains, it pours.
    she failed to keep herself relevant in hiphop

D-Town hip hop at its finest

OhEmGee Foxy Disappoints Fans at NYC Concert; Explains why to DJ Envy Fresh2defsheis's Avatar
    We're Not Losers...We Are L.A.S.E.R.S.!!!
    Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by Ironstreets View Post
    she failed to keep herself relevant in hiphop
    Well said...lol

Ponder The Question NOT The Answer!