Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: British Vodka Company Says That Dr. Dre Is Stealing Their Swagger

Eat Lead!!! British Vodka Company Says That Dr. Dre Is Stealing Their Swagger Ironstreets's Avatar
    Liked
    66 times

Default British Vodka Company Says That Dr. Dre Is Stealing Their Swagger

As previously reported by Yo! Raps, Dr. Dre recently announced he would be partnering with Drinks America to put out his own brand of cognac and sparkling vodka. But a British vodka company called 02 is calling foul claiming that Dre's beverage is too much like theirs.

President of International English Distillers (02's parent company), Phillip Maitland, recently dropped an accusatory press release calling out the good doctor's version of sparkling vodka as a "poor imitation."

"I am very complimented that Dr. Dre has recognized how innovative and special our sparkling vodka is and is trying to copy is," Maitland's statement read. "My concern is that it isn't produced by our patented method and may well turn out to be a very poor imitation."

Maitland contends that their brew was launched in the U.S. back in January.

The release of Dre's drinks, which were to serve as a sort of "marketing tie in" to his heavily anticipated album "Detox," was announced in August. At the time Drinks America billed it as a "unique new to market sparkling vodka."

"I hope that consumers will not be swayed by the celebrity endorsement of a copycat product by Dr. Dre," Maitland added. "There are a lot of mixed messages going on, Dre's unreleased album is even called 'Detox' to ad a bitterly ironic twist."

According to reports, "Detox" will be released sometime later this year.

http://www.yoraps.com/news1.php?suba..._from=&ucat=1&

D-Town hip hop at its finest

OhEmGee British Vodka Company Says That Dr. Dre Is Stealing Their Swagger Fresh2defsheis's Avatar
    We're Not Losers...We Are L.A.S.E.R.S.!!!
    Liked
    2 times

Default Re: British Vodka Company Says That Dr. Dre Is Stealing Their Swagger

they said his vodka is gonna be generic...lol damn

Ponder The Question NOT The Answer!

Product of Determination British Vodka Company Says That Dr. Dre Is Stealing Their Swagger Opportunist's Avatar
    Liked
    5400 times

Default Re: British Vodka Company Says That Dr. Dre Is Stealing Their Swagger

props on the story
    Look up in the sky and tell me what you see
    The clouds, naw nigga, not me
    I see opportunity, I'm a opportunist
    Nigga, you heard what I said, "I'm a opportunist"