Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Christina Milian Inks Deal w/ MySpace Records

Product of Determination Christina Milian Inks Deal w/ MySpace Records Opportunist's Avatar
    Liked
    5400 times

Default Christina Milian Inks Deal w/ MySpace Records

http://www.hiphopstan.com/index.php?...0&idCategory=1

In the wake of her 2006 departure from Def Jam, Christina Millian has signed a new deal with MySpace Records, Billboard can exclusively reveal. Her label debut is due next spring.

The first single, "Us Against The World," is a "cinematic power ballad" produced by Madd Scientist (Leona Lewis, Jesse McCartney) and will be available via the social networking site on Oct. 6.

"I've been out of the game for one-and-a-half years, and I think I'm long overdue for a comeback, so I'm treating this album like it's my last chance to make an impression. I'm competing with myself and being very detailed," the 26-year-old Cuban-American tells Billboard. "Before, I had a label telling me what direction to go in. Now, it's my choice, so I'm being very particular about it and I'm really excited."

Aside from Scientist, other producers on the pop/urban set, which the 26-year-old powerhouse describes as a "very feminine, strong and independent album," include T-Pain, Cool and Dre, Jim Jonsin, Toby Gad and Danja. Kanye West is the sole guest feature so far, although Milian, who wrote most of the album, does hint at some potential collaborative surprises down the line.

In addition to "World," the album includes tracks like the feel-good "Diamond," "Stay," which Milian compares to an early '90s s Madonna ballad, and the Euro-club record "Tug of War."

Milian's stint with Def Jam did not end well. She was dropped just a month after the release of her third studio album, 2006's "So Amazin'," allegedly due to poor sales. The set has shifted more than 163,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen Soundscan.
    Look up in the sky and tell me what you see
    The clouds, naw nigga, not me
    I see opportunity, I'm a opportunist
    Nigga, you heard what I said, "I'm a opportunist"

He's On Fire! Christina Milian Inks Deal w/ MySpace Records HipHop.I.AM's Avatar
    Liked
    32 times

Default Re: Christina Milian Inks Deal w/ MySpace Records

Myspace Records.................:rofl5:
    Do not bark up this tree,....this tree will fall on you..

OhEmGee Christina Milian Inks Deal w/ MySpace Records Fresh2defsheis's Avatar
    We're Not Losers...We Are L.A.S.E.R.S.!!!
    Liked
    2 times

...I was thinkin the same thing...damn

Ponder The Question NOT The Answer!

Liked
    0 times

lmao, myspace got everythin now i see or about to have

Shut Up and Drink! Christina Milian Inks Deal w/ MySpace Records Top shelf's Avatar
    Liked
    34 times

I don't think that's a bad deal for her. For one she was a nobody to begin with and Myspace may be able to jump start her dead career.

He's On Fire! Christina Milian Inks Deal w/ MySpace Records HipHop.I.AM's Avatar
    Liked
    32 times

Quote Originally Posted by Top shelf View Post
    I don't think that's a bad deal for her. For one she was a nobody to begin with and Myspace may be able to jump start her dead career.

Well **** you do have a good point there
    Do not bark up this tree,....this tree will fall on you..