Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Jay-Z Questions Kanye West's Discography

The Underground... Jay-Z Questions Kanye West's Discography Sarachi Sauce's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Default Jay-Z Questions Kanye West's Discography

Written By Archie Fucque

It appears that Kanye West still has a ways to go in his quest to impress “big brother” Jay-Z. For all the platinum plus albums, hit records, and "Jockin’ Jay-Z" anthems Hov is still not ready to credit little bro with his level of success. The Brooklyn MC was selected by Timeout New York magazine as one of their “New York 40.” During a sit down with the mag Jay was asked about other potential selections—Nas and Kanye West—for the exclusive list. Here’s what he said:

You’re the only rapper on this list. We were considering Nas but have this 13-year rule: People on this list had to have had an impact in the last 13 years. And Illmatic was 1994. Should we have included him?

Jay-Z: Ah, wow! [Laughs] That’s a tough question. [Pauses] Yeah, only because of the impact of that album, when it’s considered one of the best albums ever created, you have to document that.

How about Kanye? Has he earned it yet?

Jay-Z: He’s from Chicago, but he’s close. I don’t know if he’s had that one album that’s moved the entire culture, but he’s hit it three times in a row. He’ll be on every list one day.

Hmmm. One must call into question the way that Kanye question was answered. Not to play dime store psychologist here, but there were some telling points made in that response. Let’s just say the spidey senses where on “hi hater” alert immediately.

First, starting of “He’s from Chicago” already tells us that you are looking for a reason to keep him off the list. If you check the cover of the magazine, which Jay-Z shares with several other celebs, there are quite a few folks who are not native New Yorkers. Namely Derek Jeter of Kalamazoo, Michigan and Tina Fey of Upper Darby, Pennsylvania. So that shouldn’t even be an issue.

Second, “I don’t know if he’s had that one album that’s moved the entire culture”.

http://www.sohh.com/2008/09/pulse-report-3.html:eek001:
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create.
    Albert Einstein

Thank God 4 That White! Jay-Z Questions Kanye West's Discography hustleman's Avatar
    Liked
    14 times

Default Re: Jay-Z Questions Kanye West's Discography

I read this yesterday on the homepage of this site

The Underground... Jay-Z Questions Kanye West's Discography Sarachi Sauce's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

guess i was slow with this one. but hey, its a thread right, so people can discuss about the subject at hand...
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create.
    Albert Einstein

Member Jay-Z Questions Kanye West's Discography fsjets's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

month afta month afta month afta month afta month

I LOVE WALE, LUPE & CUDI Jay-Z Questions Kanye West's Discography Orchid's Avatar
    Liked
    24 times

to me why does it matter if he came from chicago,kanye #1 in book.

a word to jay-z: retire let somebody else have there moment to shine.

give credit where credit is due, kanye did great on the graduation and hopefully we can get something just as good or better with the next album.
    Lead Yourself ~Wasalu Jaco~
    JOIN HIPHOPSTAN.COM

Shut Up and Drink! Jay-Z Questions Kanye West's Discography Top shelf's Avatar
    Liked
    34 times

Quote Originally Posted by orchid1197 View Post

give credit where credit is due, kanye did great on the graduation and hopefully we can get something just as good or better with the next album.

THE GAINTS PLAY IN NEW YORK!
    That's why...

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by orchid1197 View Post

i agree. if anything chi rappers bring that heat imo...
    Albert Einstein

Catch Up Newbies Jay-Z Questions Kanye West's Discography cleaves05's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

When kanye tops jay z in conversations like this, the standard looking back will be totally different, and jay knows that. For now though, he is leading the current standard for hip hop artist. Apparently big in New York lol

He wouldn't last in the "No Fly Zone", better known as Detroit.