Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: GAME throws in the white flag

I LOVE WALE, LUPE & CUDI GAME throws in the white flag Orchid's Avatar
    On the STAN all day everyday
    24 times

Default GAME throws in the white flag

The title of the Game's new album, R.E.D., refers to his rededication to the hip hop art form, and a big part of his new mindset is abandoning old feuds.

I recently sat down with The Game in the studio in Burbank, California to talk to him about his new philosophies and to get details on the R.E.D. album.

Over the years, the Game has been involved in numerous beefs, among them, volatile lyrical wars with 50 Cent and Jay-Z. One of Game's Jay-Z attacks even included the Brooklynite's wife Beyoncé.

During a concert in Spain last summer, The Game mentioned Beyoncé during a freestyle rhyme. He suggested that the "Single Ladies" singer had relationships with numerous basketball players. The Game immediately expressed regret for involving Beyoncé in the mix.

"Maybe I did step over the line because I listen to Beyoncé's music, and you know, all girls do," he said. "When I did that, I got rained on by-it was like a chick army at my next show. I had to figure it out. Plus, I didn't mean no harm. It's just rap."

Working with Pharrell and Dr. Dre on R.E.D. encouraged him to change his attitude about battle rapping in general.

"As far as Jay, he's a good friend of Pharrell's and he worked with Dre recently," The Game said. "I decided along with Dre and Pharrell that being at odds with him wasn't beneficial with what we were trying to do in the future. So later for that."

It was his falling out with 50 Cent that put on hold his working relationship with Dr. Dre for the last five years. Dr. Dre and Eminem signed 50 Cent to their Aftermath and Shady Records labels, and The Game later entered the camp under Dr. Dre and 50 Cent's Aftermath and G-Unit companies. Beefing with 50 Cent made any Dr. Dre and The Game collaborations problematic.

The Game had to wait until the tension calmed before he was able to enlist Dr. Dre for the R.E.D. album. The Game described working with Dr. Dre on R.E.D. as a reunion.

"I talked to Dre over the years, but we hadn't had a working relationship because it had been tainted by that whole situation," The Game said. "Dre told me no matter what, we would always be the same as we were the last time we saw each other. I had that on my mind.

"I knew that one day when he needed me, when he felt like the coast was clear, he would call me and he did," The Game added "He asked me, What did I need for my album. I told him, ‘Nothing. I'm happy to be back working with you. Let's work on Detox.'"

The Game and Dr. Dre worked on about 10 tracks, some of which The Game inherited for R.E.D.

R.E.D. is slated for a June 15 release and includes the song "Ain't No Doubt About It" with Justin Timberlake.

Lead Yourself ~Wasalu Jaco~

Product of Determination GAME throws in the white flag Opportunist's Avatar
    New Jersey
    5400 times

dude doesn't really mean it...

guarantee he'll throw another lame shot at the throne
    Look up in the sky and tell me what you see
    The clouds, naw nigga, not me
    I see opportunity, I'm a opportunist
    Nigga, you heard what I said, "I'm a opportunist"