Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weezy, Jim Jones, & Juelz Records 'Rappers Jack Swagger From Us'

Product of Determination Weezy, Jim Jones, & Juelz Records 'Rappers Jack Swagger From Us' Opportunist's Avatar
    Liked
    5400 times

Default Weezy, Jim Jones, & Juelz Records 'Rappers Jack Swagger From Us'

http://www.hiphopstan.com/index.php?...7&idCategory=2

Miss Info reported the following on Missinfo.tv:

"It’s a swagger epidemic…

1) There was the hipster anthem “Paper Planes” by MIA and Diplo.

2) That got sampled on “Swagger Like Us” for T.I. Jay-Z Kanye West and Weezy.

3) Jay-Z then records “SLU part 2″ for his album with Andre 3000, Nas and Young Jeezy on the beat.

4) Then Lowkey reported there’ll be a “Swagger Like Us” (the R&B version) by Chris Brown, Tpain, Usher, and Neyo. (just stop)

Now, I’m hearing that Jim Jones, Juelz Santana and Lil Wayne have recorded yet another version….

The hook goes: “All these other rappers jack swagger from us.” LOL.

And it seems this song, “Swaggerjack from Us” will be on Jim Jones’ solo album, which drops right in the thick of things, on Dec 9th.

..." :eek001:
    Look up in the sky and tell me what you see
    The clouds, naw nigga, not me
    I see opportunity, I'm a opportunist
    Nigga, you heard what I said, "I'm a opportunist"

He's On Fire! Weezy, Jim Jones, & Juelz Records 'Rappers Jack Swagger From Us' HipHop.I.AM's Avatar
    Liked
    32 times

Default Re: Weezy, Jim Jones, & Juelz Records 'Rappers Jack Swagger From Us'

This whole swagger thing is getin ridicuolus
    Do not bark up this tree,....this tree will fall on you..

Member Weezy, Jim Jones, & Juelz Records 'Rappers Jack Swagger From Us' fsjets's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by HipHop.I.AM View Post
    ive been made a thread about dat swagger word, i see u agree wit me, but weezy is a fucking lame how u gon be on da original track den jump ship wit jenny jones n skinny boy santana talkn bout dey swagger jack yall, i swear mainstream hip hop is a fucking joke now a days. Currensy fly spitta is our only hope Also saigon, and joell ortiz

month afta month afta month afta month afta month

I LOVE WALE, LUPE & CUDI Weezy, Jim Jones, & Juelz Records 'Rappers Jack Swagger From Us' Orchid's Avatar
    Liked
    24 times

Hip Hop isn't dead just in a coma.
    Lead Yourself ~Wasalu Jaco~
    JOIN HIPHOPSTAN.COM

Product of Determination Weezy, Jim Jones, & Juelz Records 'Rappers Jack Swagger From Us' Opportunist's Avatar
    Liked
    5400 times

yeah....weezy went backwards on this...its not like they would get the same beat for the album...
    Look up in the sky and tell me what you see
    The clouds, naw nigga, not me
    I see opportunity, I'm a opportunist
    Nigga, you heard what I said, "I'm a opportunist"

The Underground... Weezy, Jim Jones, & Juelz Records 'Rappers Jack Swagger From Us' Sarachi Sauce's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by fsjets View Post
    ive been made a thread about dat swagger word, i see u agree wit me, but weezy is a fucking lame how u gon be on da original track den jump ship wit jenny jones n skinny boy santana talkn bout dey swagger jack yall, i swear mainstream hip hop is a fucking joke now a days. Currensy fly spitta is our only hope Also saigon, and joell ortiz
    He must have realized he didn't do any justice with the autotune, probably wanting to redeem himself....
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create.
    Albert Einstein

The City Is Mine Weezy, Jim Jones, & Juelz Records 'Rappers Jack Swagger From Us' wXm's Avatar
    Liked
    1 times

Quote Originally Posted by HipHop.I.AM View Post
    it really is

Quote Originally Posted by fsjets View Post
    i fell ya bruh, and Saigon, Joell and Curren$y are nice.
    Never sit down when I pee, for ever standin up. !!!

Shut Up and Drink! Weezy, Jim Jones, & Juelz Records 'Rappers Jack Swagger From Us' Top shelf's Avatar
    Liked
    34 times

Here's what Jim said in Complex Magazine he disses T.I. and Jay-Z

Everyone seems to have an opinion on “Swagger Like Us,” T.I.’s recent all-star collabo with Jay-Z, Lil Wayne and Kanye West. Folks like Jermaine Dupri and Diddy have even recorded their own verses over the song in an attempt to assert their own “swag” status.

Now Jim Jones is taking it one step further. Last week, we were building with the Capo in his studio for some future **** (stay tuned) when he spilled the beans about his own response to the song, a rumor that Miss Info reported on yesterday. He’s currently recording a new joint named “Jackin’ Swagger From Us,” featuring additional verses from Juelz and Lil Wayne, along with a re-recorded hook from M.I.A. and a new beat by Chink Santana. Read on to preview an exclusive snippet of the track and see what Jones had to say about the four artists on the first “Swagger”…

Complex: You and Juelz are all about that swag-splashing. How do you feel about not being included on “Swagger Like Us”?

Jim Jones: I think it was deliberate. I really do think it was deliberate; maybe in my sick twisted mind I’m a little crazy. People know who set the precedent as far as fashion in this industry and people know who damn near changed the world as far as fashion. You look at people, they went from the urban world of clothing, back when Rocawear and Sean John was cool. And then in the past 5 years I stepped in and gave them a taste of what rock and roll looks like from my side. I guess people would say from an urban side, and it seemed to catch on like wildfire, to the point that people was going to stores and asking for that Jim Jones look. Me and Juelz had Chink do our own beat, I have Weezy’s verse in my inbox right now and we kept the hook of that song because it was a sample. So we’re going to put that as a bonus track on the album, and put it to the streets. “No one on the corner got swag like you we don’t Rocawear that’s for fags like you.” [Laughs.]

Complex: Ahhh…

Jim Jones: And look at the Vibe cover. Tell me who Jay-Z looks like in there? Did you see the picture of him? With the Louis Vuitton scarf and all that. Who did that resemble? You can say it. But he did it wrong; he had a Gucci belt with a Louis Vuitton scarf. Who does that? You smell me? That’s like wearing one Nike and one Puma; how you going to get away with that? But I didn’t take the song as a shot, because I don’t feel like none [besides Weezy] of them possess any swag.

Complex: What about T.I?

Jim Jones: I don’t feel like he possesses any swag. Not like that. It’s fabricated. They’re watching other people, then they try and do it. You know people that dress like T.I.? You know people that go out and say let me get a T.I. outfit or do you know people who say “yo, you’re looking like Jim Jones?” Which one? Lemme hear it! When the bitches want to **** you and the niggas want be like you, who got the swag? Niggas with money and fame always going to look like they doing something ’cause they got the camera in front of them. But the cool dudes always stick out no matter where they at.

The Underground... Weezy, Jim Jones, & Juelz Records 'Rappers Jack Swagger From Us' Sarachi Sauce's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Top shelf View Post
    Here's what Jim said in Complex Magazine he disses T.I. and Jay-Z

Everyone seems to have an opinion on “Swagger Like Us,” T.I.’s recent all-star collabo with Jay-Z, Lil Wayne and Kanye West. Folks like Jermaine Dupri and Diddy have even recorded their own verses over the song in an attempt to assert their own “swag” status.

Now Jim Jones is taking it one step further. Last week, we were building with the Capo in his studio for some future **** (stay tuned) when he spilled the beans about his own response to the song, a rumor that Miss Info reported on yesterday. He’s currently recording a new joint named “Jackin’ Swagger From Us,” featuring additional verses from Juelz and Lil Wayne, along with a re-recorded hook from M.I.A. and a new beat by Chink Santana. Read on to preview an exclusive snippet of the track and see what Jones had to say about the four artists on the first “Swagger”…

Complex: You and Juelz are all about that swag-splashing. How do you feel about not being included on “Swagger Like Us”?

Jim Jones: I think it was deliberate. I really do think it was deliberate; maybe in my sick twisted mind I’m a little crazy. People know who set the precedent as far as fashion in this industry and people know who damn near changed the world as far as fashion. You look at people, they went from the urban world of clothing, back when Rocawear and Sean John was cool. And then in the past 5 years I stepped in and gave them a taste of what rock and roll looks like from my side. I guess people would say from an urban side, and it seemed to catch on like wildfire, to the point that people was going to stores and asking for that Jim Jones look. Me and Juelz had Chink do our own beat, I have Weezy’s verse in my inbox right now and we kept the hook of that song because it was a sample. So we’re going to put that as a bonus track on the album, and put it to the streets. “No one on the corner got swag like you we don’t Rocawear that’s for fags like you.” [Laughs.]

Complex: Ahhh…

Jim Jones: And look at the Vibe cover. Tell me who Jay-Z looks like in there? Did you see the picture of him? With the Louis Vuitton scarf and all that. Who did that resemble? You can say it. But he did it wrong; he had a Gucci belt with a Louis Vuitton scarf. Who does that? You smell me? That’s like wearing one Nike and one Puma; how you going to get away with that? But I didn’t take the song as a shot, because I don’t feel like none [besides Weezy] of them possess any swag.

Complex: What about T.I?

Jim Jones: I don’t feel like he possesses any swag. Not like that. It’s fabricated. They’re watching other people, then they try and do it. You know people that dress like T.I.? You know people that go out and say let me get a T.I. outfit or do you know people who say “yo, you’re looking like Jim Jones?” Which one? Lemme hear it! When the bitches want to **** you and the niggas want be like you, who got the swag? Niggas with money and fame always going to look like they doing something ’cause they got the camera in front of them. But the cool dudes always stick out no matter where they at.
    Props on the additional reading! It's interesting how Jim didn't mention how he was all over Jay's swag with the "Harlem Gangster" mixtape...I feel a storm brewing...And no mention on Cam? I think Cam definitely gave the whole dipset their style...it is what it is i guess...bitterness
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create.
    Albert Einstein

New Arrival
    Liked
    0 times

What is that man? Where the hell your swagger at?

Who going to be the first to bring the old swagger back?

Doing what I do seems like boys mad at that

You was sharp homie where the hell your dagger at?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast