Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Will.i.am: I'm The Most Hip-Hop N*@ Out There!

I LOVE WALE, LUPE & CUDI Will.i.am: I'm The Most Hip-Hop N*@ Out There! Orchid's Avatar
    Liked
    24 times

Default Will.i.am: I'm The Most Hip-Hop N*@ Out There!

In a recent interview with VIBE, Will.i.am (of The Black Eyed Peas) claimed to be "the most hip-hop ***** out of all these hip-hop niggas" and blamed his 'pop' status to the media. C'mon son!

I am hip-hop! If thereís anyone thatís the personification of hip-hop, Iím probably the most hip-hop ***** out of all these hip-hop niggas. But hip-hop editorial and blogs and even some of the hip-hop fans donít see it that way, which is cool. Iím going to win. Iím going to win and win bigger than all these niggas are winning. And they probably donít see that. Iím winning regardless of what hip-hop thinks of what I am. I wonít shrivel up in a little ball and not continue to rock, rock planet rock, donít stop just because a few people think the [Black Eyed Peas] is just a pop act.

I [always] knew I was going to move more into dance and club. Thatís the reason I produced Nasí ďHip Hop Is Dead.Ē People forgot that hip-hop was a bunch of things back in the days. Hip-hop was the Jungle Brothersí ďIíll House You.Ē When someone is denying what they are, then thatís when things start to spiral down. Hip-hop is limiting itself and that also goes for editorially. Magazines and websites are the gatekeepers of what people think hip-hop is, but they actually end up limiting what hip-hop can be.

I can do a Talib Kweli track ["Hot Thing"] and Estelleís "American Boy," and co-write "Ordinary People" with John Legend and Iím still hip-hop. If Nas calls me for another track, I can do that. But at the same time, if Usher calls me I can do [an ďOMGĒ] as well. Songs like ďOMGĒ are international hits, not just hits on American urban radio. Iím talking about the fucking world! And those kind of accomplishments donít get you the cover of VIBE. I donít need anyone to validate me. I am hip-hop.
    I agree with him...on the production side. If you want everybody to like your music, you have to be versatile. Buuuut then again BEP is very very pop!

SOURCE
    Lead Yourself ~Wasalu Jaco~
    JOIN HIPHOPSTAN.COM

Dice City Kid Will.i.am: I'm The Most Hip-Hop N*@ Out There! ishuz702's Avatar
    Liked
    1571 times

will i am is a genius and a b boy at heart and i think he is very hip hop....he was discovered by eazy e....west west yall

And..How may I help you? Will.i.am: I'm The Most Hip-Hop N*@ Out There! TaliciousVille's Avatar
    Liked
    41 times

Smile WIL I AM

I DON'T DISAGREE WITH HIM....ACTUALLY I THINK HE'S 100%

Eat Lead!!! Will.i.am: I'm The Most Hip-Hop N*@ Out There! Ironstreets's Avatar
    Liked
    66 times

Quote Originally Posted by ishuz702 View Post
    will i am is a genius and a b boy at heart and i think he is very hip hop....he was discovered by eazy e....west west yall
    c/s will been doin it for a min even if he dont rap no more he'll prolly out spit most cats today..and then bringin in fergie just put BEP over the top..yep that boy is a genius

D-Town hip hop at its finest