Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Def Jam VP Shakir Stewart Commits Suicide

Product of Determination Def Jam VP Shakir Stewart Commits Suicide Opportunist's Avatar
    Liked
    5400 times

Default Def Jam VP Shakir Stewart Commits Suicide

Def Jam executive vice president Shakir Stewart committed suicide (Nov. 1) in New York. Shakir died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head, according to sources.

Stewart succeeded Jay-Z at the top of the Def Jam ladder in June and also retained his duties as senior VP of A&R at Island Def Jam. The Oakland, Calif., native signed such artists as Rick Ross, Young Jeezy and newcomer Karina Pasian.

Stewart cut his teeth as a music executive at Hitco Music Publishing, where he was creative director and later senior VP of creative/GM and signed Beyonce Knowles.

Even before he gained a rep for promoting rap concerts during his Morehouse College days, Stewart was "the guy who was the head of passing out fliers at seven clubs a night, seven days a week in 20-degree weather," he told Billboard this summer.

Stewart said at the time it was his goal to help develop "new, young executives ... The hot executive who's 21, 22 years old and has a serious passion for music and the desire to work 27 hours a day. That's where I was at that time in my life. And that's who I'm looking to mentor. I don't see many people like that. Instead, I see a lot of kids who want to live the lifestyle but don't want to put in the work and do what it takes."
    Look up in the sky and tell me what you see
    The clouds, naw nigga, not me
    I see opportunity, I'm a opportunist
    Nigga, you heard what I said, "I'm a opportunist"

Catch Up Newbies Def Jam VP Shakir Stewart Commits Suicide thehustler07's Avatar
    Liked
    90 times

Default Re: Def Jam VP Shakir Stewart Commits Suicide

Either Jay-Z had a hard ass job, and made it look easy or he saw LL's album sales.

...... Def Jam VP Shakir Stewart Commits Suicide Fabulous's Avatar
    Liked
    8 times

There is no reason in this world for someone to take their own life away.... I hope God forgives him.
    "One hand full of ****... does not equal a fist full of dollars!" -50 Cent

*POSTING SOMEWHERE* Def Jam VP Shakir Stewart Commits Suicide onevaguy's Avatar
    Liked
    12 times

cannot be that bad

OhEmGee Def Jam VP Shakir Stewart Commits Suicide Fresh2defsheis's Avatar
    We're Not Losers...We Are L.A.S.E.R.S.!!!
    Liked
    2 times

Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
    There is no reason in this world for someone to take their own life away.... I hope God forgives him.
    i agree thats too extreme, he was probably depressed

Ponder The Question NOT The Answer!