Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: RZA & Samuel L Jackson Sign On For 'Last Dragon' Remake

Eat Lead!!! RZA & Samuel L Jackson Sign On For 'Last Dragon' Remake Ironstreets's Avatar
    Liked
    66 times

Default RZA & Samuel L Jackson Sign On For 'Last Dragon' Remake

Wu-Tang Clan's RZA and actor Samuel L. Jackson have signed up for the upcoming remake of the 1985 martial arts-based film The Last Dragon.

The flick follows a black amateur martial arts student named "Leroy" throughout New York City to become the greatest fighter alive

According to the Hollywood Reporter, Jackson will portray the role of "Sho'nuff" known as the "Shogun of Harlem" and for his cocky catchphrases like "Am I the baddest mofo lowdown around this town?"

"I'm a huge fan of the original," Jackson told the Hollywood Reporter. "And I look forward to bringing Sho'Nuff into the 21st century."

Kerry Gordy - whose father, the late founder of Motown, Berry Gordy, produced the original - will take on his same role in the remake.

"We're thrilled to be working with Kerry Gordy as he continues his father's legacy," Columbia president Doug Belgrad said. "[He] will capture everything that people love about the original while also bringing a fresh edge to the remake."

Wu-Tang Clan's RZA will serve as a co-producer for the flick.

No word on who will be directing or playing the lead role of Leroy as of press time

http://www.sixshot.com/news/13060/

D-Town hip hop at its finest

Booty Gif Dot Com RZA & Samuel L Jackson Sign On For 'Last Dragon' Remake
    Liked
    3 times

18 months later and what have we heard??

I dont think it needs a remake.. i enjoy its classic low budget campy cheesy-ness of the original!!

Bruce Leroy, Vanity, Shonuff!!! its so bad its great, what next they gonna redo Cooley High? some things you shouldnt mess with!

And..How may I help you? RZA & Samuel L Jackson Sign On For 'Last Dragon' Remake TaliciousVille's Avatar
    Liked
    41 times

Unhappy no remake

MOVIES ARE GETTING JUST LIKE SONGS, REMAKES ALL OVER THE PLACE...DID THE ARTICLE SAY THE LATE BERRY GORDY, HE DIED? I DIDN'T KNOW!! :~(