Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Kanye Scores Win At Amercian Music Awards

Product of Determination Kanye Scores Win At Amercian Music Awards Opportunist's Avatar
    Liked
    5400 times

Default Kanye Scores Win At Amercian Music Awards

Here is Mr. West's speech:

"I would like to thank everybody who accepted me trying to break new boundaries in music," he said. "I wake up in the morning just thinking about which stereotypes I want to break. And, you know, we pushed the envelope with the last album, with 'Stronger,' with records they thought wouldn't play on urban radio, and it's our responsibility as musicians to keep pushing each other and keep competing with each other.

"It's a really great competition," West continued. The win marked his first at the AMAs. "I see artists like Beyoncé, Alicia Keys, Rihanna, Chris Brown, Chris Martin all in the same room, and we're going to push this music to the point where it was like in the '60s, in the '70s, where you talk about Led Zeppelin and Hendrix and the Beatles. We will be the new Beatles, the new Hendrix. They say in every other industry, you're supposed to do better than the past. Like, computers should get smaller and faster. But whenever you say, 'I want to be Elvis,' they say, 'What's wrong with you?' But I don't want to be Elvis."

The Favorite Rap/Hip-Hop Male Artist went to West, not Flo Rida or Lil Wayne. But Kanye wasn't keen on keeping the award.

"I'm a fan of music," said West, who performed "Heartless," a cut from his new one. "I got my opinion. And I want to give this award to Wayne, for this year. If it was last year, this would have been my award. This year's Wayne award; we'll see what happens next year."
    http://www.hiphopstan.com/index.php?...1&idCategory=1

I still hope 808's & Heartbreaks FLOP this week. He needs to wake up and get back on his grind.
    Look up in the sky and tell me what you see
    The clouds, naw nigga, not me
    I see opportunity, I'm a opportunist
    Nigga, you heard what I said, "I'm a opportunist"

I LOVE WALE, LUPE & CUDI Kanye Scores Win At Amercian Music Awards Orchid's Avatar
    Liked
    24 times

Default Re: Kanye Scores Win At Amercian Music Awards

damn Opp thats messed up to say...he is trying to do something different then what everybody else is doing

its best to be different and get noticed then the same as everybody else and get lost
    Lead Yourself ~Wasalu Jaco~
    JOIN HIPHOPSTAN.COM