Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: DJ Suspended For Playing 'Arab Money"

Product of Determination DJ Suspended For Playing 'Arab Money" Opportunist's Avatar
    Liked
    5400 times

Default DJ Suspended For Playing 'Arab Money"

http://www.hiphopstan.com/index.php?...0&idCategory=2

Busta Rhymes' recently released single Arab Money has been creating controversy so much so that a UK radio station suspended a DJ for playing the song.

Global Radio, which owns and operates Galaxy Radio, broadcasts Steve "Smooth" Sutherland's show in Manchester, Yorkshire, Birmingham, York Shire, the South Coast, the North East, and Scotland.

Sutherland, a winner of two MOBO Awards for Best DJ, played Busta Rhymes' Arab Money on his show on Saturday (November 29) and was promptly suspended after the station received a flood of complaints.

"Galaxy would like to apologize to all our listeners for the airing of this song. It was never Galaxy's intent to offend its listeners and never will be," the company said in a statement. "A full internal investigation has now commenced. Galaxy would like to apologize for any offense however unintentionally caused."

What do you guys think of this?? Is this right?
    Look up in the sky and tell me what you see
    The clouds, naw nigga, not me
    I see opportunity, I'm a opportunist
    Nigga, you heard what I said, "I'm a opportunist"

I LOVE WALE, LUPE & CUDI DJ Suspended For Playing 'Arab Money" Orchid's Avatar
    Liked
    24 times

Default Re: DJ Suspended For Playing 'Arab Money"

but i understand where the radio station is coming from
    Lead Yourself ~Wasalu Jaco~
    JOIN HIPHOPSTAN.COM