Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Three Judges Turn Down C-Murder Trial

Eat Lead!!! Three Judges Turn Down C-Murder Trial Ironstreets's Avatar
    Liked
    66 times

Exclamation Three Judges Turn Down C-Murder Trial

It seems like C-Murder's re-trial won't be starting anytime soon as three judges have reportedly refused to hear the case because of their prior involvement.

C- Murder, born Corey Miller, is accused of killing sixteen year old Steve Thomas in 2002 during a brawl at the defunct Platinum Club in Louisiana.

He has been under house arrest awaiting re-trial since his initial murder conviction was overturned in 2006.

The judge who was initially presiding over C-Murder's case, Martha Sassone, lost the re-election bid for her seat to Judge Ellen Kovach in November 2008.

During the election run, Kovach harshly criticized Sassone for letting C-Murder out of jail and accused her of giving the rapper preferential treatment.

According to The Times Picayune, Kovach refused to hear the case on Wednesday (January 7) saying that her campaign run and judicial ethics would be scrutinized if she presided over it.

"The recent election campaign for the office I now hold was contentious and involved, at least indirectly, aspects of the matter before the court," Kovach wrote. "So as to avoid a situation wherein the court's impartiality might reasonably be questioned ... I believe it to be in the best interest of justice that I voluntarily recuse myself from presiding over this matter."

The case was then allotted to two other judges, Conn Regan and Lee Faulkner, who both also refused to hear the case because of their ties to C-Murder's case.

Before becoming a judge, Faulkner was appointed by Sassone in 2002 to represent C- Murder while Regan had "direct supervision" over the rapper's case when he was chief of trials at the district attorney's office.

Prior to leaving office, Sassone had set C-Murder's trial to begin on Monday (January 12) but without a judge to oversee the case, the rapper’s trial will be delayed again.

http://www.sixshot.com/news/13641/

D-Town hip hop at its finest

Catch Up Newbies Three Judges Turn Down C-Murder Trial
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: Three Judges Turn Down C-Murder Trial

Man they mite was well let that ni99a go I mean c'mon after all this time..they jus wasting alot of tax payers money.....they may as well just take a good lil payout from dude and let the buzz die down til all the crackers forget about it

He's On Fire! Three Judges Turn Down C-Murder Trial HipHop.I.AM's Avatar
    Liked
    32 times

Default Re: Three Judges Turn Down C-Murder Trial

Quote Originally Posted by kingstl View Post
    Man they mite was well let that ni99a go I mean c'mon after all this time..they jus wasting alot of tax payers money.....they may as well just take a good lil payout from dude and let the buzz die down til all the crackers forget about it
    judges are just not trying to end up in the trunk of someones car

Do not bark up this tree,....this tree will fall on you..