ISLAMABAD — Benazir's Bhutto's teenaged daughter has released a rap song, breaking her silence about the assassination of her legendary mother."Why did you have to go? Why did you have to leave?" Bakhtawar Zardari raps in English. "Aseefa's only 14 and I ain't even ready, I barely hit 18."
An accompanying video shows clips from Ms. Bhutto's political life and scenes from her funeral, and ends with pictures from the family album. The song, I Would Take the Pain Away, has been airing on Pakistani state television and posted to YouTube.

Ms. Bhutto's three children, Bilawal, Bakhtawar and Aseefa, have spoken very little about the assassination of their mother, who was killed in December of 2007 as she campaigned for a third term as prime minister.
Bilawal, now 20, studies at Oxford University, while Aseefa is still in grade school in Dubai. Bakhtawar is a student at Edinburgh University in Scotland. The three make visits to Pakistan, where their father, Asif Zardari, is now President, appearing occasionally at official events, most recently for the first anniversary of Ms. Bhutto's death.

Before her death, Ms. Bhutto reportedly used her contacts to introduce her daughter to rap superstar Sean Combs, known by his stage names Puff Daddy, P. Diddy and Diddy.
"She has a poetic side to herself," Farhatullah Babar, a long-time aide to Ms. Bhutto, said of Bakhtawar. "It's just that a young daughter of a slain mother felt like doing this."

The Pakistan Peoples Party, which Ms. Bhutto led until her death, made clear, however, that Bakhtawar did not plan to follow a career in music. She has not ruled out following her mother and grandfather into the country's tumultuous politics. Like other South Asian countries, politics in Pakistan is dominated by dynasties, and Bakhtawar reminds listeners that her grandfather and two uncles were also murdered.
While Ms. Bhutto was alive her children played no political role. Within days of her death, Bilawal was made chairman of the party, at the suggestion of his father. In practice, Mr. Zardari, who became co-chairman, runs party affairs.

video

Send a message via Yahoo to RuFuccinKiddinMe

Default 0111- Bhutto’s daughter grieves with hip-hop eulogy
ISLAMABAD — Benazir's Bhutto's teenaged daughter has released a rap song, breaking her silence about the assassination of her legendary mother."Why did you have to go? Why did you have to leave?" Bakhtawar Zardari raps in English. "Aseefa's only 14 and I ain't even ready, I barely hit 18."
An accompanying video shows clips from Ms. Bhutto's political life and scenes from her funeral, and ends with pictures from the family album. The song, I Would Take the Pain Away, has been airing on Pakistani state television and posted to YouTube.

Ms. Bhutto's three children, Bilawal, Bakhtawar and Aseefa, have spoken very little about the assassination of their mother, who was killed in December of 2007 as she campaigned for a third term as prime minister.
Bilawal, now 20, studies at Oxford University, while Aseefa is still in grade school in Dubai. Bakhtawar is a student at Edinburgh University in Scotland. The three make visits to Pakistan, where their father, Asif Zardari, is now President, appearing occasionally at official events, most recently for the first anniversary of Ms. Bhutto's death.

Before her death, Ms. Bhutto reportedly used her contacts to introduce her daughter to rap superstar Sean Combs, known by his stage names Puff Daddy, P. Diddy and Diddy.
"She has a poetic side to herself," Farhatullah Babar, a long-time aide to Ms. Bhutto, said of Bakhtawar. "It's just that a young daughter of a slain mother felt like doing this."

The Pakistan Peoples Party, which Ms. Bhutto led until her death, made clear, however, that Bakhtawar did not plan to follow a career in music. She has not ruled out following her mother and grandfather into the country's tumultuous politics. Like other South Asian countries, politics in Pakistan is dominated by dynasties, and Bakhtawar reminds listeners that her grandfather and two uncles were also murdered.
While Ms. Bhutto was alive her children played no political role. Within days of her death, Bilawal was made chairman of the party, at the suggestion of his father. In practice, Mr. Zardari, who became co-chairman, runs party affairs.

video

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servl...rnational/home