Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: DMX Misses Court Date In Arizona Drug Case, Bench Warrant Pending

Eat Lead!!! DMX Misses Court Date In Arizona Drug Case, Bench Warrant Pending Ironstreets's Avatar
    Liked
    66 times

Default DMX Misses Court Date In Arizona Drug Case, Bench Warrant Pending

DMX is notorious for not showing up to interviews on time, but you'd think court would be another matter. A bench warrant will most likely be issued for the rapper (born Earl Simmons) Tuesday afternoon (August 12) in Phoenix, after he did not appear for a pretrial conference related to his drug case earlier in the day.

According to a press release issued by the Maricopa County Superior Court, in addition to the warrant, Commissioner Phemonia Miller raised the rapper's bond to $25,000 as a penalty for his failure to show. (The court actually posted video of today's proceedings.) The public defender representing DMX in the case, Charles Kozelka, declined to comment on why his client did not make it to court, but emphasized that early reports that the warrant had been issued were erroneous. After telling the court earlier in the day that he would provide documentation explaining why X had not been present, Kozelka said that he had until 4 p.m. PT Tuesday to deliver the documentation. If he did not make it to court by then, the warrant would be executed, the lawyer said.

DMX is charged with one count of marijuana possession and four counts of drug paraphernalia possession, in connection with a raid on his Arizona home in May.

A source close to DMX, who has worked with the rapper for nearly a decade, told MTV News that the rapper was not in court because he has checked into a rehabilitation facility, but Kozelka would not confirm those claims.

This would mark the second time this year that a warrant has been issued for DMX in Arizona as a result of his numerous legal entanglements in the state (in June, he was arrested for bond violation). The appearance was the first of what will be a string of court dates for DMX this month. He has another slated for August 19 for the case in which he is charged with seven counts of animal cruelty, two of drug paraphernalia possession and two of drug possession. He is also due in court on August 26 to face charges that hegave an Arizona clinic fake personal identification information after receiving treatment.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/159...0812/dmx.jhtml

D-Town hip hop at its finest

The Underground... DMX Misses Court Date In Arizona Drug Case, Bench Warrant Pending Sarachi Sauce's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Default Re: DMX Misses Court Date In Arizona Drug Case, Bench Warrant Pending

smh..man, im tired of hearing about x falling off...wasnt he supposed to drop 2 albums anyway? with all this money he's spending, he couldve organized a tour.
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create.
    Albert Einstein

OhEmGee DMX Misses Court Date In Arizona Drug Case, Bench Warrant Pending Fresh2defsheis's Avatar
    We're Not Losers...We Are L.A.S.E.R.S.!!!
    Liked
    2 times

Well i guess we were way off about when he was getting arrested again, that will probably be soon tho....

Ponder The Question NOT The Answer!

Shut Up and Drink! DMX Misses Court Date In Arizona Drug Case, Bench Warrant Pending Top shelf's Avatar
    Liked
    34 times

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh2defsheis View Post
    Well i guess we were way off about when he was getting arrested again, that will probably be soon tho....
    I know Opp. should run that contest back :happy002:

Member DMX Misses Court Date In Arizona Drug Case, Bench Warrant Pending willie_falcone's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

at this point it shouldn't even be news its normalcy now
    Blunts, Broads, and Menage Trois's.

Product of Determination DMX Misses Court Date In Arizona Drug Case, Bench Warrant Pending Opportunist's Avatar
    Liked
    5400 times

Quote Originally Posted by willie_falcone View Post
    at this point it shouldn't even be news its normalcy now
    we have a college educated member in here ladies & gentlemen.
    Look up in the sky and tell me what you see
    The clouds, naw nigga, not me
    I see opportunity, I'm a opportunist
    Nigga, you heard what I said, "I'm a opportunist"