Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Method Man: Hip-hop was best in 90s

Eat Lead!!! Method Man: Hip-hop was best in 90s Ironstreets's Avatar
    Liked
    66 times

Default Method Man: Hip-hop was best in 90s

After being in the industry for 15 years, Method Man isn't too pleased with the music scene today.

The former Wu-Tang Clan rapper, who makes a guest appearance in 1994-set comedy-drama The Wackness, says the best time for hip-hop and rap were in the early 90s.

"The music was way more grounded than it is today. Today, you don't feel the movement. Back then, you felt the movement," he recalled to reporters in New York.

He added: "I mean, the whole hip-hop movement. Like when Wu-Tang Clan came in, it was like regardless of where we went, people knew who we were. Or if we were in a new city, there was one person who knew who we was, and that would spread to ten more people, and so on and so forth, up until it was, 'Oh, you ain't up on that Wu-Tang stuff? Oh you ain't down homie!'

"Same thing with Cash Money, No Limit, Death Row - it goes on and on, all these movements. You don't have that any more."

http://ukpress.google.com/article/AL...wDHcRMIe4gRNmg

D-Town hip hop at its finest

Liked
    1 times

Default Re: Method Man: Hip-hop was best in 90s

Ringtone music, and Ringtone artist= G.O.A.T.
    **** You !!!

The Underground... Method Man: Hip-hop was best in 90s Sarachi Sauce's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by What? View Post
    Ringtone music, and Ringtone artist= G.O.A.T.
    Garbage Of All Time

I agree, the 90's was the peak of hip hop....
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create.
    Albert Einstein

Eat Lead!!! Method Man: Hip-hop was best in 90s Ironstreets's Avatar
    Liked
    66 times

Quote Originally Posted by Sarachi Sauce View Post
    Garbage Of All Time

LOL...they played a lot of different **** on the radio back then instead of the same lame **** over and over and over again

D-Town hip hop at its finest

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by Ironstreets View Post
    LOL...they played a lot of different **** on the radio back then instead of the same lame **** over and over and over again
    thats real...Yeah, i remember listening to the radio for the longest time just to hear one joint...now its like 15 mins to half hour with the same repeated songs...
    Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create.
    Albert Einstein

I LOVE WALE, LUPE & CUDI Method Man: Hip-hop was best in 90s Orchid's Avatar
    Liked
    24 times

Garbage Of All Time

Quote Originally Posted by Ironstreets View Post
    thats real...Yeah, i remember listening to the radio for the longest time just to hear one joint...now its like 15 mins to half hour with the same repeated songs...
    The music today can't compare to how it was in the 90's but itís a good and a bad thing because we have different and new artist that are just as great as the artist from the 90's.
    Everybody is trying to eat and trying to do what they gotta do to make a hit. I know was bumping that soulja boy when it came out because of the beat damn sure not because he said superman that hoe and Iím pretty sure everybody know the dance. Music is like life it changes, not everybody like changes but itís because its music you can buy it and listen to it whenever.

There are some artists out there who are trying to keep the spirit of the music from the 90's alive but with a flare of the music today. So the only thing I can really say is keep hope alive with music hopefully it can get better
    Lead Yourself ~Wasalu Jaco~
    JOIN HIPHOPSTAN.COM

Liked
    0 times

Quote Originally Posted by orchid1197 View Post
    The music today can't compare to how it was in the 90's but itís a good and a bad thing because we have different and new artist that are just as great as the artist from the 90's.
    Everybody is trying to eat and trying to do what they gotta do to make a hit. I know was bumping that soulja boy when it came out because of the beat damn sure not because he said superman that hoe and Iím pretty sure everybody know the dance. Music is like life it changes, not everybody like changes but itís because its music you can buy it and listen to it whenever.

There are some artists out there who are trying to keep the spirit of the music from the 90's alive but with a flare of the music today
    . So the only thing I can really say is keep hope alive with music hopefully it can get better
    Great point. I guess it's like when someones parents start talking about music from the 70's and before and how much better it was. I'm just glad I'm not limited to what's current and can still bump a lot of stuff from the 90s, or whatever time period.
    Albert Einstein