Registration is FREE, Fast, and Simple. Our Registered Members DO NOT See the video Advertisement below!
***Register Now***

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Freeway: Cashing In With Cash Money

Product of Determination Freeway: Cashing In With Cash Money Opportunist's Avatar
    Liked
    5400 times

Default Freeway: Cashing In With Cash Money

RR: You signing to Cash Money came as a surprise.
    Freeway: Man, I donít know how that got out there like that! Like, whatís going down is Iím bout to put out this album, called the Stimulus Package. Itís with Jake One. Jake One producing the whole album. I was in Miami fucking with Baby and them, and me and Baby got a song on the album thatís called ďFollow My MovesĒ. I been fucking with Cash Money. You know, me and Wayne did a joint for the last album, but we couldnít get the **** cleared in time and all that.  We just throwing around some ideas. And Iím launching a label, Free Money, so what better home for it.

Who approached you to joining the label?
    I seen Baby in a mall. I seen him in Louis Vuitton and we was busting it up. And my man Ceelo, he worked with Baby, so he really basically connected us like that. But, right now everything is still in preliminary.

How does this affect your situation with Roc-A-Fella?

Itís still Roc-A-Fella for life. Thatís something thatís not going to leave me. But as far as my situations, I gotta do what I gotta do. Iím grinding.

Did you talk to Jay about it?

Everything still preliminary. Jay give me his blessing with whatever I want to do. Jay want to see niggas making moves.

Did you feel stagnant at Def jam?

I canít take nothing away from Def Jam. I just need a situation where Iím the first priority.  Itís a lot of artists over there and I canít take nothing away from Def Jam, but I gotta do me. Like right now, itís just a time in my career where I gotta do me.  I gotta do whatís best for Freeway.

But, what does that mean?

That means, do me. Kill the Internets. Iím on the road every weekend. Iím on the road every weekend doing shows like a I got a first single coming out.  

Do you think your style will mesh with Cash Money?

I mean, I think my style mesh well with real people.  I do it all dog.

First two albums were sleepers. But your last album didnít fair as well. What went wrong?

That was just a project I did. I did that in two days.

Huh, two days?!

Yeah, I did that album in two days. Thatís some **** I did with my man Sac from Sacremento. He flew me out there and knocked that **** out in two days. That wasnít really nothing. The people still loving it.

Ah, I see
    I donít count that as a major release. Itís more so like a mixtape album. I knocked that **** out and came back.

What happened to the joint venture deal between 50 Cent and Jay-Z?

Basially, right before the album was coming out, there was a lot of different situations that wasnít going right, for the whole  party. So it fell through. Fif was just on the album and Jay wound up executive producing it by himself.

Last year, you released a new song daily and billed it as "The Month of Madness.Ē Do you think you mightíve oversaturated the market?

I felt as though it was beneficial. [Critics] can kiss my ass. If they donít like it, they ainít donít go to listen to it.  I work, so what am I gon do? Sit on the material. Iím on the net a lot I get the feedback from people. I think more people loved it than the few people that felt like I oversaturated the market. Like, a lot of people have something to say, but they be sitting on they ass not doing nothing.

But couldnít that be a pro and a con?

If you put out more quantity than the quality than of course thatís fucked up. But if you put out a lot of quality, than thatís whatís up. From all the reviews that I got, I think the month of madness was quantity and quality. What you think?

I thought some were good. But wasnít a fan of all of them.  Thought it was weird cause your an established. Thought it was something a younger act would do to get his name out.

Yeah. Yeah.

Look up in the sky and tell me what you see
    The clouds, naw nigga, not me
    I see opportunity, I'm a opportunist
    Nigga, you heard what I said, "I'm a opportunist"

Shut Up and Drink! Freeway: Cashing In With Cash Money Top shelf's Avatar
    Liked
    34 times

Default Re: Freeway: Cashing In With Cash Money

good post... I wanna see Freeway win dudes the most slept on Rapper

I LOVE WALE, LUPE & CUDI Freeway: Cashing In With Cash Money Orchid's Avatar
    Liked
    24 times

i dont think he should do that
    Lead Yourself ~Wasalu Jaco~
    JOIN HIPHOPSTAN.COM

Spottieottiedopaliscious Freeway: Cashing In With Cash Money therulersback's Avatar
    Liked
    0 times

He stupid for that move...he aint comin out with an album on Cash Money
    They told me I was the real thing. I believe them.

I LOVE WALE, LUPE & CUDI Freeway: Cashing In With Cash Money Orchid's Avatar
    Liked
    24 times

Quote Originally Posted by therulersback View Post
    He stupid for that move...he aint comin out with an album on Cash Money
    :shm22: yes he very talented but this so bad i mean who the hell has come out of the *new*cash money with an album besides wayne he just be like everybody else putting out thousands of mixtapes
    Lead Yourself ~Wasalu Jaco~
    JOIN HIPHOPSTAN.COM