Smh… Jay-Z cutting corners at his newly renovated 40/40 Club! Health inspectors found numerous health-code violations in the newly renovated sports club. Although, the 40/40 Club addressed all the issues below — Why does it take health inspectors for the staff inside 40/40 Club to get things right!?!
Jay-Z’s 40/40 Club was shut down for a slew of health-code violations just a day after its celebrity-drenched $10 million relaunch — and now it faces a dreaded “C” grade, The Post has learned.
An inspector found perishable food at dangerously warm temperatures inside the walk-in refrigerator and discovered “hot” food left out on the counter on Thursday, Health Department sources said.
A worker was also seen mixing salsa with his bare hands.
The refrigerator was at a rancid 60 degrees instead of 41 — jeopardizing the safety of 50 pounds of raw chicken wings, five pounds of raw shrimp and 100 turkey burgers, the sources said.
Five pounds of cooked mashed potatoes, meanwhile, were left out at a temperature of 89 degrees, while 10 pounds of cooked rice and 50 turkey burgers were kept at 67 degrees.
All the hot foods should be at least 140 degrees, the sources said.
The club’s restaurant was immediately closed, and new patrons were barred from entering. Those already inside were allowed to remain.
“If you have a walk-in place with food like this, you put a hell of a lot of people at risk,” said the source. “A night of dinner and dancing should not include the risk of contracting food-borne illness.”
The nightspot corrected the problem and was cleared for business last night.
During its last inspection, in March, before the facelift, the club racked up 39 violation points for problems including improperly handled food and unsanitary conditions.
Update on the newly renovated 40/40 Club:
Ron Berkowitz, a rep for the club, tells TMZ the motor in one of the refrigerators blew just moments before the health inspector arrived … causing the temperature in the fridge to rise. Berkowtiz says the staff identified the problem immediately and had no intention of serving the food from that fridge.
Berkowitz says the fridge was fixed by noon the next day and the club was permitted to re-open.
He adds … the club lost no business as a result of the issue and their health code grade is currently pending review.